Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Do you have evidence for this? It's a big charge.

Yes Climategate and Bill Maher.

Based on what? Whether you agree or not?

Again Climategate and Bill Maher.

Have you READ the bible?

Yes, it's a facinating read.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Burning witches was a byproduct of an evil culture which is extremely complex. It's not a simple question at all. Remember those logical traps I spoke about? Yeah, you just did it. You can't just pull something like burning witches out of a hat and demand answers, that's a childish argument. You must paint the entire anthropoligical picture and then decide what's what and who did what. I'm not interested in being trapped.

So you cannot say that burning witches was evil? So sorry for 'demanding' an answer. Would your god have considered it evil---or at least wrong?

NC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm not getting the Bill Maher connection. Is he a scientist?

• bohm
    bohm

Sab: The scientific community is corrupt and will never allow a God theory in because of human pride and ego. There is already evidence,

There you go, stupid, baseless accusations against people you do not know. where is your evidence? If i was part of the scientific community, would that make me corrupt as well? mad with power?

Sab: but like the Watchtower, the scientific community commedeers terms like evidence and subjects the world population to them.

COFTYS LAW. You loose.

Who can challenge the scientific community?

anybody. Have you ever tried to educate yourself the least bit about how science work in practice?

There are no checks and balances unfortunately. However since it's a real community the laws of personal responsibility are still in effect which is why they have had so much success. Unfortunately they have went mad with power it seems.

more paranoid crap.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab, I just started a new job and work with a woman who wears a hijab (look it up if you don't know what it is). I don't know her very well yet because I just started this job but she very candidly told me that she had some health problems a few months ago and started wearing it again because of how important it is to God.

That sounds an awful lot like mind control. If she gave it up and then got scared because of health problems and went back to it, yeah, that's mind control. However, if she NEVER stopped wearing it that changes things a bit. If she truly believes that wearing it affects her relatinship with God then that's going to be a hard nut to crack. You probably tip toe around the subject as to not offend, do you do that, if so why?

Does your god reason the same way? If not, why not?

My God is the One True God which works with people on an individual basis. He "knocks" on your door and when you answer the door never closes. So the idea that he would open the door and hand me required headwear is pretty silly to me.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If i was part of the scientific community, would that make me corrupt as well? mad with power?

I am judging the community as a whole, not the individuals. They all have the opportunity, just as you, to do what is right and adhere to the truth. The scientific method requires equipment and education to come to it's full fruition. That means that it's directly tied to both ecnomics and the educational system which is also tied to economics. Power corrupts, I know you believe in that. It's naive to think that the scientific community is not tied to money and everything that is tied to money is corrupt.

-Sab

• bohm
    bohm

NC: So simple question. Was burning witches good or evil (like me)?

Sab: Burning witches was a byproduct of an evil culture which is extremely complex. It's not a simple question at all. Remember those logical traps I spoke about? Yeah, you just did it. You can't just pull something like burning witches out of a hat and demand answers, that's a childish argument.

Oh my god, you should know your worldview is in trouble if the question: "Is it bad to tie an innocent woman to a stick and set her on fire" is considered a "logical trap". Holy f#cking shit this is a travesty.

Dont use logic against me, i am defenceless! Its a crime! its evil! You are evil! no you are not! but you are! EEEEVIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Sab, I hate to say this but you're doing that 'I'm blind to everything but my own belief' thing. Whether you agree with what this woman wears on her head or not, it makes no difference. She believes as strongly in her faith as you do in yours, yet you call hers 'mind control'. Turn the mirror around because you're the only one making a distinction here.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab, I hate to say this but you're doing that 'I'm blind to everything but my own belief' thing. Whether you agree with what this woman wears on her head or not, it makes no difference. She believes as strongly in her faith as you do in yours, yet you call hers 'mind control'. Turn the mirror around because you're the only one making a distinction here.

Her belief is tied to Islam, which are notorious information controllers so that's a line of reasoning. As for me and my beliefs I take every religion into account and I don't follow any one book or organization. I merely believe in a creator and I use my mind to elaborate on why that is. There is a large difference between me and the woman, I think you the one blind to that.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Oh my god, you should know your worldview is in trouble if the question: "Is it bad to tie an innocent woman to a stick and set her on fire" is considered a "logical trap". Holy f#cking shit this is a travesty.

The oversimplication is the trap of which you are utilizing right now. You are a poacher too it would seem.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit