Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    the most important factor is that a woman is being tied to a stick and burned alive.

You are not completely aware of your trapping techniques so when I bring them up you take me for a fool. I understand the misconception, but it doesn't change the fact that you are being overtly simple for a reason, which makes the question a TRAP. Therefore, when I see a trap I step aside. You are going to be hard pressed to prove that I am an advocate of witch burning.

However the idea of witch hunts in the past is a facinating moral topic and deserves more than just a "moral" or "not moral" answer. It's easy to call it evil, but when you really look at it in it's historical context you will see there is more than meets the eye.

-Sab

• bohm
    bohm

NC: Hahaha!

Yesterday they called and wanted to ask me some question. So they asked if they could talk with the oldest in the household so i said that was me. Then they asked me what sex i was so i said male. Then they asked me if had bought a new insurance the past year and i was all like: YOU are totally trying to TRAP me with LOGIC! What type of insurance are we talking about? What do you mean by "bought"? what if i only rented? can insurances be rented? what if i didnt pay for all of it? would you have bought an insurance if you was me? If i am supposed to answer the question, i must know what an universe would look like WITHOUT any insurances, can science show us that? uh-nooo, i think not little lady, so how can I answer? and by the way, INSIDE a black hole WE KNOW NOTHING! consider that. So how can you know unicorns does not fart rainbows? cant proove they dont, and its like we dont know the inside of a black hole, so unicorns fart rainbows and your question must be avaluated on that basis.

so she hung up...

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    It's easy to call it evil, but when you really look at it in it's historical context you will see there is more than meets the eye.

Of course it wasn't evil. God himself did it in the Hebrew scriptures, so it's God approved.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I never said that. I advocate thinking about what you believe and figuring out for yourself whether what you believe is because of evidence or because you just really really want to believe it.

No, but you imply it. Just as the reason we can draw a graphic depicting the center of the sun is extremely complex and may require an education to fully understand it. We have to just take the scientists word for it, which is ultimate power which ultimately corrupts. The concept of God is even more complex than the center of the sun and has less documented evidence, but that doesn't mean it should be jettisoned or considered an intellectually dishonest idea.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Of course it wasn't evil. God himself did it in the Hebrew scriptures, so it's God approved.

Once again, context, is extremely important. Many people have acted in God's name where logically it could not have been.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Here's a question: was burning anyone at the stake for any reason ever the right thing to do?

-Sab

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

It's been said before - and on this very thread - but it bears repeating so I'll say it again. Everything that has been used in history to prove the existence of a god has been proved by science to be something else entirely. What was that definition of insanity again?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    so unicorns fart rainbows and your question must be avaluated on that basis.

• bohm
    bohm

sab, you are just such a smart man. If you said: "I think its evil to tie a woman to a stick and burn her alive", i can begin to imagine what kind of demented things i could twist that into using the evil trap of logic (which i guess is up there with science, higher education and regular showers in terms of satans traps). Fortunately, you can!

but NewChapter. oh man. she is teh evil. you saw right through that one and realized it was a logic-free zone. sorry. logic-TRAP free zone, and walked right in.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It's been said before - and on this very thread - but it bears repeating so I'll say it again. Everything that has been used in history to prove the existence of a god has been proved by science to be something else entirely. What was that definition of insanity again?

That's not true, we have the human mind as testament to God's creation.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit