Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Perhaps I'll poach her.

LOL, it sounds like you are going to invite the bear to a tea party not put it's leg in a razor sharp trap. Is that after the tea party?

-Sab

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

We're having roasted baby.

Yes please. Add some garlic to the lemon and sage. Just sayin...

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

If I have a razor sharp trap, then you're also admitting that faith crumbles pretty easily when questioned. Interesting.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

you know, I was thinking that garlic might be just the thing. Now we have a consensus. Garlic, lemon, sage it is.

NC

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

God is the First and the Last.

Should humanity then emulate the expressed morality of your god Yahweh Sab. ?

Your God might very well be the first and last of mankind's own inherent ignorance.

Did you watch any of those videos I put up, any comments ?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Now we have a consensus. Garlic, lemon, sage it is.

• bohm
    bohm

Sab: The most important factor is the time and setting. A sin, which is another word for a crime, is only on the shoulders of the doer who knows what they are doing. That's why factors are important, my simplistic friend.

the most important factor is that a woman is being tied to a stick and burned alive.

You had no problem accusing NC for a "crime" and for being "evil". Your words. You are quick on condemnation when it suit you, but when there is a chance giving a moral verdict could give you a hard time in an argument, all of a sudden the great sebastian, knower of what is good and evil, is silent.

It speaks VOLUMES of the bancruptcy of your system of moral verdicts and critical approach to your own beliefs. I expect this kind of crap from fundies, i am surpriced to see you engage in it.

Also its funny how your post keep changing between edits. I guess you desided that you would exclude mysterious and vague statements about quantum mechanics and opt for mysterious and vague statements about the beginning of time -- nevermind. Your words stand, people can determine for themselves if the moral value of burning women alive is hard to determine or not and wether this question require a parallel universe without woman-burning to find an answer.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If I have a razor sharp trap, then you're also admitting that faith crumbles pretty easily when questioned. Interesting.

I am not saying that at all. I am saying that people with secular backgrounds are superior to people without one. It's like having bigger muscles than someone else. "Pick on someone your own size" comes to mind. If you can't get your point across without "suggesting more education" then it's a failure of epic preportions on the part of the alleged teacher.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Did you watch any of those videos I put up, any comments ?

I watched the Hitchens one. He starts out with a joke about it not taking 10 minutes to disprove the existence of God and is met with laughter and applause. Reminds me of the JW conventions. It's a room full of like minded people where he simply uses the self proclaimed evils from the Bible and other sacred texts and makes the false conclusion that it someone disproves the existence of God. His thoughts on deism were interesting, but I disagree with his definition of theism.

-Sab

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

If you can't get your point across without "suggesting more education" then it's a failure of epic preportions on the part of the alleged teacher.

I never said that. I advocate thinking about what you believe and figuring out for yourself whether what you believe is because of evidence or because you just really really want to believe it. But you do bring up an interesting point. Education is important, whether secular or having an inquiring mind that wants to try and understand things and researching accordingly. There are no boxes here, but there are motives. Is avidly reading conspiracy theories on the internet acting on a motive for wanting to believe the worst in something or someone, or just an education tool so that people don't feel like they're getting suckered?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit