Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    Here's a question: was burning anyone at the stake for any reason ever the right thing to do?

Not alive, no. It's no different with the Romans and their twisted manners for execution. There was nothing humane about that. Now, as far as executions go, we know there were, and somtimes are, pressing reasons for those, but the manner of executions as barbaric is unacceptable.

The only thing I will say about the purpose for using those methods was to instill great fear in any individual that dared oppose/challenge authority. I suppose that in the crudest way, it got the point across.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    but NewChapter. oh man. she is teh evil. you saw right through that one and realized it was a logic-free zone. sorry. logic-TRAP free zone, and walked right in.

As in all things there is a small scale and a large scale. NC's idea that faith should go away is evil. Does that make her inherently evil? No, but I believe it to be dangerous thinking and at the very least on the path to prejudice and discrimination which are profoundly evil. Speaking of profoundly evil Bill Maher is the perfect example of why there is such division in my country. Yes, the faith people are aggressive, but that's because they are corrupt. You should fight the corruption, not the notion of faith without evidence. That's as bad as the Witnesses fighting against Santa Clause.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

so she hung up...

They always do! They get so pissed when you sidestep their logical traps. I mean, do we ever really BUY insurance? If we don't pay the premiums, then it lapses, but where is the end of the premiums? Unless that's something to do with whole life or whatever---insurance as always been a mystery to me, and I don't have the spirit necessary to really understand it---but I'm just saying---I think RENTING would be a more accurate term for most kinds of insurance. Don't you? That's a yes or no question===easy, peasy.

NC

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Not alive, no. It's no different with the Romans and their twisted manners for execution. There was nothing humane about that. Now, as far as executions go, we know there were, and somtimes are, pressing reasons for those, but the manner of executions as barbaric is unacceptable.

I might rather burn alive then rot in prison all my life and getting raped by bubba. Do you think it's humane to lock people up like dogs and at the tax payers expense in a recession where our country debt is astronomical?

-Sab

• bohm
    bohm

Sab: Just as the reason we can draw a graphic depicting the center of the sun is extremely complex and may require an education to fully understand it. We have to just take the scientists word for it, which is ultimate power which ultimately corrupts.

Anybody with enough time can read up on the relevant physics for himself and see why the sun is drawn the way it is; all the details are right there in books and journals full of endless calculations, measurements and simulations to figure out why the sun actually work.

The problem is that you dont want to spend the time understanding the relevant physics, so you try to shift that around and use it as a general slander against science in general. I suggest you stop framing your own lazyness as evidence for your baseless attacks.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

That's not true, we have the human mind as testament to God's creation.

Why, because the human mind is capable of reasoning that there is a god?

The human mind is capable of all sorts of wonderful and terrifying imaginings, but Middle Earth, Pandora and Narnia are not based on real historical locations...imagination is an amazing thing but it's not proof of a god, darlin.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Speaking of profoundly evil Bill Maher is the perfect example of why there is such division in my country.

L O FREAKING L! Are you going to dismiss all the GOOD he has done---like UNbaptizing Romney's father-in-law??

BOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8U_JveHS8E

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Anybody with enough time can read up on the relevant physics for himself and see why the sun is drawn the way it is; all the details are right there in books and journals full of endless calculations, measurements and simulations to figure out why the sun actually work.

Ah, so you need a free country who doesn't burn books and an education to understand the wonders of science, I see. That's inherently where the discrimination occurs. You end up with the informed and the non informed which leads to classes and conflict. You might as well be starting a gang.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    L O FREAKING L! Are you going to dismiss all the GOOD he has done---like UNbaptizing Romney's father-in-law??

Some people believe that doing good things balances out the bad things you do. I don't believe in that.

-Sab

• bohm
    bohm

Sab: . Yes, the faith people are aggressive, but that's because they are corrupt. You should fight the corruption, not the notion of faith without evidence. That's as bad as the Witnesses fighting against Santa Clause.

So in the analogy, faith without evidence is a bit like santa clause?

Even though i dont like you (once again) invoke coftys law and compare to the witness, i kind of like this analogy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit