Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

When did I pull the Jihad card?

You said I was waging holy war. Jihad is holy war.

I never said she was evil,

And you did actually call me evil. Go back a page or two. Don't let Bohm bully you! You have called me evil---don't back down!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I have never travelled to the center of a black hole, and probably never will.

The center of a black hole contains a singularity where time stops. We can travel to the center of a black hole with theoretical physics. NC, can you tell me how this image is possible?

^ Has any human ever been to the core of the sun? Why do we talk like we know what's in there? Because THEORIES work even without all the evidence. God theories should be considered akin to the center of the sun theories or center of black hole theories. There is enough evidence for a creator because of the connection that humans have had since our beginning to something. Maybe the Zues or YWHW arguments are refutable, but in no way should the entire theory of God be thrown out the door for the "betterment of mankind."

You have no right to combat believers in such an all encompassing way and it's just prejudice at this point. I feel dirty for the times I have done it. I have had a real change of heart and believe a less aggressive approach is best. The aggression is best left for the enemies of faith itself.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Conceptual reality.

Thanks for the term knowsathingortwo, I always use too many words to express this idea, and simply have missed this great expression.

NC

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If we talk about Zeus and agree that, while he was myth, was a conceptual reality for those in times past; then we can discuss how he affected the population at the time. We can even indulge in talking of him as real, all the while knowing that he wasn't, at least not in the concrete sense.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Zeus and Greek Mythology was based upon the star constellations. Most of my belief comes from myth of which is tied to real historical people who have been turned into myth. So we have both a conceptual reality and it's actual reality counterpart which is a "best guess" but still points to reality.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You have no right to combat believers in such an all encompassing way and it's just prejudice at this point.

I have every right to do so, Sab. You don't make the rules.

I have had a real change of heart and believe a less aggressive approach is best. The aggression is best left for the enemies of faith itself

Ironic.

God has not been found in the center of black holes yet.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    And you did actually call me evil. Go back a page or two. Don't let Bohm bully you! You have called me evil---don't back down!

I didn't call you evil. I told you that I think that working against faith is evil and you said you work against faith. I'm not sure at this point, but there is some evidence of real malice. Why would you want to work against faith? That's going to start a war. Sheesh.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I have every right to do so, Sab. You don't make the rules.

You are correct I don't. But in a free society the PEOPLE make the rules and I will say what I believe is right and what I believe is wrong. I believe that no human has the right to commit a wrong on another person. That's called a crime. I believe it's a crime to attack someone's faith because they can't defend it with evidence. Not everyone has a secular background. There is genuine religion and non genuine religion. They shouldn't be bunched into a single category. Innocent life will be lost.

-Sab

• bohm
    bohm

Bohm: sab, Calling NC evil for advocating God does not exist is both fallacious and stupid.

Sab: I tried not to. I gave her a definition that by her own volition she identified with.

"I dont want to call people evil, I just like to define words in a funny way so I end up doing it anyway. Its not my fault, I have no control!"

How about showing some humility and examining your definitions a bit if they lead you to say stupid things like calling NC evil? There is the odd chance you got them wrong and NC is not *really* evil.

I believe that evil works against truth, and faith is truth.

AIG-grade nonsence.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Sab: Are you actively working towards a world without God? If so, then you are evil by my own definitions.

Sab: I didn't call you evil.

SAb: But in a free society the PEOPLE make the rules and I will say what I believe is right and what I believe is wrong.

And this society has decided that Freedom of Speech is a RIGHT---therefore I am well within my rights.

I believe it's a crime to attack someone's faith because they can't defend it

A crime you say? A CRIME? LOL, and how does that flush with the right to freedom of speech? I'm a criminal. Ideas are always on the block---attacking ideas is not violent. Are you being hyperbolic again? Let me play too!

I THINK IT IS A CRIME TO CALL A PERSON EVIL AND TO ATTACK THEIR DISBELIEF IN A God.

But not really. I kinda believe in free speech---but I have been accused here.

What do you think my penalty should be for disagreeing with you Sab? Stoning? Prison? Where do we go from here? I enter a plea of guilty.

NC

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" I didn't call you evil. I told you that I think that working against faith is evil and you said you work against faith. I'm not sure at this point, but there is some evidence of real malice."

IMHO (and watching the fray from a distance) that's calling someone evil in so many words and in a roundabout way. You don't like to be direct when lobbing a slam, do you Sab?

Yeah, those watching the thread saw it all NC. I think Sab was hoping you and others missed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit