Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LV101
    LV101

Regardless if one is an athiest or xtian, heathen, whatever, society has always tried to solve/remedy the starvation problem by providing funds, willingly or not via taxes, and private donations but that hasn't worked because the ruling greed (political rulers or someone) confiscates anything that is of a monetary value and the starving, poverty, class seldom receive any help --- one pathetic scenario.

It's always been a priority for many good religions (in comparison to watchtower) to help feed the hungry and come to the rescue along w/many humanitarian org's efforts but obviously has not been successful. Taxpayers contribute a percentage for aid. W/the catholic church's control (Africa) of the masses birth control is forbidden and it's a never ending horror story -- of course, the nuns are given birth control in case they're violated but so much for love of one's neighbor -- the rest of the female populace. W/out education to control the population it's a never ending battle in some places.

The eye for eye law of the land was not quite exacting like it sounds. A victim or injured individual had to plead one's cause before the judicial system of that time before any punishment/compensation. It's just a pay back phrase that sounds good to some. I think the majority of mankind practices payback and live w/out moral code to the detriment of society.

I agree w/NC in many ways but the demanding of one's humanity seems as delusional as waiting for God to remedy the problem.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Your reasoning tec is based on the predetermined idea that God is real and we need to find him. And our lives would be better with him.

My reasoning is based on the idea that God may not be real...and we probably don't need him. And our lives may be no different with or without him.

My questions/statements are simply my ideas about the possibilities OTHER THAN god. It would appear that we have a similar reason for saying what we do....because this is what we believe. You know I am not speaking for you any more than you are speaking for me. But want to detract from what I AM saying so carry on tec.

Because God likes to go round and round; or because people don't listen .....tec
    Of course it does not apply to everyone. Some people do listen...tec

This SOUNDED more like you are judging by saying we don't listen but some people do. Listen to what? God? His message?

If there is no god how can anyone listen to him. Since you are coming for the basis that god is real, you appear to be already concluding we don't listen. Otherwise we would get his message.

It would appear that You ARE applying this sentence to EVERYONE.....those of us that listen...and those of us that don't. How am I not included in that? Are you speaking for me as a listener or not listener?

Of would you prefer to accept that I am not specifically speaking for YOU when I use the word PEOPLE? It is a general concept.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Well stated as always NC. This life is it, make it count!

Just think of what could be accomplished if all the billions people stopped saying "well it's in God's hands", "he'll fix it in the future" and worrying about the afterlife (coming back as cockroach or eternal damnation etc.); and actually use the time they would otherwise spend on perfunctory religions rotes on something really positive, things would most certainly be better IMHO.

The more you think about it the more you can see that religion is a crutch.

• tec
    tec

Your reasoning tec is based on the predetermined idea that God is real and we need to find him. And our lives would be better with him.

That God is real, yes.

But our lives would be better if we treated one another (all of one another) with love, following the golden rule, serving others, etc, etc. I can do this better WITH God, and the help and teachings of His Son. So can some others. Yet still others have that love within them naturally, without belief in God.

My reasoning is based on the idea that God may not be real...and we probably don't need him. And our lives may be no different with or without him.

I understand.

My questions/statements are simply my ideas about the possibilities OTHER THAN god. It would appear that we have a similar reason for saying what we do....because this is what we believe. You know I am not speaking for you any more than you are speaking for me. But want to detract from what I AM saying so carry on tec.

I have no desire to detract from what you are saying. You said people would be better of thinking that this is it, that there is no God; no afterlife of any sort... I countered that. I countered that by stating that you can only speak for you, simply because not everyone would be better off thinking this. I can say this only because I would not be. I can't speak and say that everyone would be better off believing in God and an afterlife; because some people might not be.

No detracting. Just countering.

This SOUNDED more like you are judging by saying we don't listen but some people do. Listen to what? God? His message?
    If there is no god how can anyone listen to him. Since you are coming for the basis that god is real, you appear to be already concluding we don't listen. Otherwise we would get his message.
    It would appear that You ARE applying this sentence to EVERYONE.....those of us that listen...and those of us that don't. How am I not included in that? Are you speaking for me as a listener or not listener?

You need to add the rest of what I said:

... it was more of a question designed to have some people think about possibilities rather than an arbitrary statement.

You said it seems likes a very round about way to get to something simple. I offered that this was because of us and our needs/limitations/stubborness as another possibility. Who knows how many more possibilities there are?

People who listen.

People who don't listen.

People who hear but don't recognize what they hear - for however many other possible reasons.

People who don't hear, but pretend that they do.

God does not speak to everyone.

God does not speak at all.

God is not real.

Those are just the ones I can think of at the moment. Peace, tammy
  • still thinking
    still thinking
    God is not real.

So you see that as a valid possibility?

• tec
    tec

Tootired - People are responsible for fi x ing things and making amends for things and improving things, as long as they are capable of doing so. We get one life in which to do this... we don't get a second chance at this life right now. Walk past someone who needs help? You don't get a chance to go back and make that right. (You may learn from it and not make that mistake again in the future, and guilt/remorse might ensure that you act with greater compassion in the future as well.)

It is strange to me to have this conversation because we are saying the same thing. It is not the people of faith on here who are using religion as a crutch, and saying that God will take care of it later, so it is okay now. We are saying that WE are responsible for what is happening in this world, and we are responsible for doing what we can to help others. Right now. We have to do it. It is on us.

It is those who do not believe (or are not sure) who are saying that God should be fi x ing things if He e x ists. That He should not be leaving it up to us to fi x our mistakes or improve this world. If God came along and fi x ed everything we messed up, what kind of people would we be? Then you would have a world full of people who use God as a crutch. That being said, those who have faith in God may also turn over things to him that they simply cannot fi x; trusting Him to do what is right when the time is right . Or they can turn over the burden of worrying, judging, resentment and/or anger, when they do not get justice for something done wrong to them. Both of these are a release, and a comfort.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

So you see that as a valid possibility?

No. But you do, so I included it.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking
    ... it was more of a question designed to have some people think about possibilities rather than an arbitrary statement.

No it wasn't...it was a question designed to look like there were only two possibilities...listeners or non listeners.

Of course it does not apply to everyone. Some people do listen...tec
  • tootired2care
    tootired2care

Tammy if we're are arguing the same thing, than what is the point of wasting time worrying about what God wants or does not want if we're on our own anyways? Let's call a spade a spade, and agree that worrying about God is a waste.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    We are saying that WE are responsible for what is happening in this world, and we are responsible for doing what we can to help others. Right now. We have to do it. It is on us.

Great so here is a BIG present day problem that is still is festering.

Muslims who closley adhere to the texts in the Quaran (A.K.A Islamic fundamentalists); who are intent to blow the world up. In few words RELIGION and God. Christians have just as much culpability, the've just toned it down the last few hundred years.

It seems to me the only way past this for all mankind; is to grow up, and stop pretending that God is there and using this crutch to justify actions that are unacceptable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit