Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

Are you actively working towards a world without God? If so, then you are evil by my own definitions.

sab, Calling NC evil for advocating God does not exist is both fallacious and stupid.

incidently, it is just the type of emotionally driven crap fundies indoctrinate themselves to believe. I think it is called a "thought-stopper": NC is evil, you do not have to take his(her?) arguments serious.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Reason is not at odds with God, that's just your belief. In the end all you are doing is waging a holy war.

Why is it always about war with believers? Can you not have a discussion without pulling the Jihad card?

You consistantly ignore the scope of the belief of God. You brush them off and it truly bothers me.

Oh trust me. I do not brush off the scope of god belief. I can't afford to. I am very well aware of that scope.

As in paying "real" scientists more than fake ones.

Do you think fake scientists should get the same pay? I mean, they are able to mimic what is in a book, but do not understand nor respect the scientific method. Students lose something when someone teaches without even agreeing. There will always be teachers that are willing to teach by rote. We want the teachers that roll up their sleeves and teach kids to question and then to find the answers.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I've not heard this one before. What is your evidence? Did you come up with it yourself, or have you read it somewhere? Why do you conclude such?

There is no enjoyment in discussing such things with people with thick skulls. But you do provide a perfect example of what I am talking about. The spiritual realm is not evidence based, it's idea based which is has a special connection with lifeforms capable of cognitive thought. There are two planes of existence, one with rules and one without.

Now, when speaking to someone like you I might have well just kept that to myself because you don't believe in God. EVEN when you travel to the center of a black hole and you get nothing but physical madness you still insist that God doesn't exist when in fact HE COULD within that "madness." So, becuase YOU lack the evidence for the assertion that God doesn't exist (you only have enough to say he may not exist), that makes it a theory along with everything else in the world of ideas. Theories that are put to work become reality. They are NOT real until they are put into action.

THEO means first. First there are ideas, then those ideas come to light. Then ideas about those ideas are made and those ideas come to light. There is one entity who is the source of them all: God.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    sab, Calling NC evil for advocating God does not exist is both fallacious and stupid.

I tried not to. I gave her a definition that by her own volition she identified with. I believe that evil works against truth, and faith is truth.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    incidently, it is just the type of emotionally driven crap fundies indoctrinate themselves to believe. I think it is called a "thought-stopper": NC is evil, you do not have to take his(her?) arguments serious.

Now you are misrepresenting me. I never said she was evil, I gave a definition. Would you like to discuss that or are you just going to predictably show up when you smell something fundy?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Why is it always about war with believers? Can you not have a discussion without pulling the Jihad card?

When did I pull the Jihad card?

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

There is no enjoyment in discussing such things with people with thick skulls. But you do provide a perfect example of what I am talking about. The spiritual realm is not evidence based, it's idea based which is has a special connection with lifeforms capable of cognitive thought. There are two planes of existence, one with rules and one without.

Okay. I see insults are kind of like a tic for you. When I ask for evidence, it doesn't have to be scientific. In just very loose terms, where does the idea of dormant souls originate? Are you saying that the spiritual realm has no rules, therefore anything goes---or are you saying that you have some piece of informatiion that you view as evidence to cause you to make such a profound statement? Just give me the seed of this one. It is a new idea to me.

EVEN when you travel to the center of a black hole and you get nothing but physical madness you still insist that God doesn't exist when in fact HE COULD within that "madness."

I have never travelled to the center of a black hole, and probably never will. I have no idea what I will insist on if I ever got the privilege. You seem to be quite certain of my conclusion---are you being a bit hyperbolic? I agree---My statement is that I have no evidence for a god. I've not travelled into a black hole. I suppose if I operate without rules (as apparently you do) I could fill that black hole with whatever I choose to fill it with. I choose to fill it with a great big UNKNOWN. Does that make you uncomfortable? Is it evil to admit I don't know? Is arrogant and thick skulled?

NC

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A psychological explanation of why we believe in gods .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iMmvu9eMrg&feature=related

• NewChapter
  • Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Sab, a new term for you. Conceptual reality. If we define it and keep it within it's intended limits, cool. Just don't force it onto the concrete reality.

If we talk about Zeus and agree that, while he was myth, was a conceptual reality for those in times past; then we can discuss how he affected the population at the time. We can even indulge in talking of him as real, all the while knowing that he wasn't, at least not in the concrete sense.

I'll start with one you put forth:

There is one entity who is the source of them all: God.

Agreed. There is "one source" from which ideas come from. Can you guess what that is in concrete reality?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit