Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

but you are qualified to make a judgement that Jesus was?

This is not the same.

A, I know little about Buddha.

B, I do not think Buddha believed in a God to claim to be blessed and enlightened by Him.

Christ, however, claimed God as His Father, claimed to have learned everything He knew from Him, claimed to be the truth and Word and Image of God... also all learned from His Father. I have no cause to doubt Him.

Was this belief of Buddhas from an older source than Judaism?

As far as I know, eastern religion is older than Judaism. But then, so is Abraham older than Judaism. And Noah, etc, etc.

The God of Israel did not just pop into being with Israel. He was here long before then.

The Father of Christ did not pop into being with Christ, either. He was here from before the beginning. Just our understanding of Him changed.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Buddah was the eastern Jesus. His followers didn't need to become Christian's because the spirit of Christian philosophy is within Buddhism....sab

Ahhh...I see where you are coming from now Sab. You do not think Jesus is the only saviour? Is that correct?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Ahhh...I see where you are coming from now Sab. You do not think Jesus is the only saviour? Is that correct?

I think the Pure Spirit of Christ (YHWH) is the only saviour, which has inhabited the minds of many more people than just Jesus Christ of Nazarene. Jesus Christ was monumental, though, and unlike any other.

-Sab

• still thinking
    still thinking
    But then, so is Abraham older than Judaism. And Noah, etc, etc....tec

I am not sure there is any evidence of Abraham or Noah other than the bible...so no proof they are older than the bible.

However, there is eveidence that Brahman was worshipped long before Yahweh.

As far as I know, eastern religion is older than Judaism. But then, so is Abraham older than Judaism. And Noah, etc, etc.
    The God of Israel did not just pop into being with Israel. He was here long before then.
    The Father of Christ did not pop into being with Christ, either. He was here from before the beginning. Just our understanding of Him changed.. tec

So are you saying these religions are correct? And this was god showing himself to them? Or are you unqulified to answer that? Even though in a round a bout way you are saying exactly that by stating that the god of Israel did not just pop into being with Isreael...but our understanding has changed.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Well I think Thor is far more influential than all of these other cats. Have you seen how many movies he's been in recently? That guy is frickin tearin it up!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Good grief he has an awesome lightning hammer, way better than a goatherd staff or toolbox, and better armor too!

He could so take down Odin and Loki.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Shangdi = Brahma = Yahweh = Christ..............sab

For some strange reason if I believed in god, your reasoning makes more sense to me. I'm not sure about Christ being God though...but you could be right.

• tec
    tec

So are you saying these religions are correct? And this was god showing himself to them?
    I think we can see what happened just by looking at christianity: Started out with Christ. The truth. Then as time moved on, and people branched out, they began to forget some of Him... carrying some truth and some falsehood; sometimes manipulated by powerful men (kings, goverments, dictators) with an agenda. Until you end up with more than 30 000 denominations after two thousand years.

That is a small scale representation, but I think it is the same with God.

Everything came from the one source... so some truths are going to be found all over the world. But other things also got added in, people forgot, people manipulated the truth to suit themselves, etc, etc, recreating God in their image. Some people along the way listened and heard (I don't mean a voice necessarily, but who heard the spirit via peace and love and truth).

Until we are sent the Truth of God in the form of a man, God as He is rather than how man has formed Him to be over the many millenia.

Peace,

tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    For some strange reason if I believed in god, your reasoning makes more sense to me. I'm not sure about Christ being God though...but you could be right.

Verse 17 and 18 in the opening chapter of Revelation is compelling proof that the Spirit of Christ is and was YWHW:

Revelation 1 - 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

YHWH, the First and the Last, never died unless he was Jesus Christ.

-Sab

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

YHWH, the First and the Last, never died unless he was Jesus Christ.

The way this is worded tickles me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit