Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    obviously its not just definitions in a book. As we learned on the previous page, you get to make up definitions of words, and then you get to call people evil based on those definitions. Everybody who read this page think thats plain stupid and quite frankly, you should know better.

Oh please, I put in a caveat. That's more than most believers would give her.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Skip the assumption. Good and evil for a believer is tied to their world view very differently than for a non believer. The very concepts could be apples and oranges because of diametrically different fundamental values and beliefs.

What do you assume my defintions of good and evil are? Where are our fundamental differences?

NC

• sabastious
    sabastious
    The idea of god comes no where close to being a theory! Putting the word god and theory in the same sentence is total fallacy.

Says the atheist, bias much?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    What do you assume my defintions of good and evil are? Where are our fundamental differences?

For me Good = God and Bad = the Devil. For you they are tied to evidence which means they don't stretch beyond the human mind.

-Sab

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One thing that strong atheistic ideologies effectively does do is take away from men the play of the gods and what those

perceived gods can do for these individuals, mostly pertaining to self indulgent egotistical power and control.

No names mentioned

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Now your just trying to save face by making this about NCs sex. Obviously your allegations are false and without evidence, even more, i specifically referred to NC as a "he(she?)" one page back so i can even demonstrate you are wrong. Nice try though.

Ok, fair enough. She's still an atheist princess though. Did I just combine an insult and a compliment into a single statement?

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

could you be more specific? Do you think that stoning homosexuals is good or evil? How about adulters? Holding slaves? Genocide?

I'm thinking we both agree these are pretty evil things, but I don't want to assume.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Agreed. There is "one source" from which ideas come from. Can you guess what that is in concrete reality?

Shameless bump.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    could you be more specific? Do you think that stoning homosexuals is good or evil? How about adulters? Holding slaves? Genocide?

Jesus answered that question when he prayed for the people who killed him, while they were killing him. It depends on their knowledge of the world around them. The Roman officers knew no better, it was the fault of the leaders that were in control of everything, including information. We have more responsibility than the ancients so it's not fair to compare the past with today.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The Roman officers knew no better, it was the leaders that were in control of everything, including information. We have more responsibility than the ancients so it's not fair to compare the past with today.

So morality is relative---based on time, place, circumstances and society. Does that make god and satan relative? Because remember God=Good and Satan=Evil and the definitions of such change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit