Fun with the July 15th WT illustration

by undercover 83 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave
    We should not use an XBox controller with a Nintendo Wii console as this would be unevenly yoked.

• blond-moment
  • blond-moment
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

These pictures should be used in a Critical Thinking 101 course under the heading "The False Dilemma Fallacy."

What's really funny is that they're not even trying to be subtle about it. Worldly people seem to be under some bluish/gray/green light while the lovers of Jah seem to prefer bright, yellowish lighting. I'm surprised they just don't write BAD and GOOD under the pictures.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

for me the most alarming thing is how they are outright demonizing good loyal jw kids who play video games or use smart phones, etc. they are trying to divide the flock and get rid of anyone but the zealots. it used to be they would demonize the world and worldy kids for things like stealing, drugs, imorality, etc. but now they are demonizing their own children, what the bible refers to as the little ones for things that are normal like playing video games, going to college, working full time, relaxing, wearing shirts that are untucked, having skateboards, having cell phones. whats next? a series of articles controlling what they eat? this religion has always been a high control religion, but its just a shame to see it deterorate into a full blown cult.

• designs
    designs

The 'worldly' party picture was like most JW parties I went to.

• Ding
    Ding

Appearances can be deceiving.

In the bottom row, the guy sitting at the desk may be reading Crisis of Conscience.

The fellow raising his hand at the meeting may be about to ask the Memorial speaker why he didn't mention John 6:53 in his talk...

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

The moral decay of the younger generation is disgusting. I mean, just look at the way those two are making funny faces into the camera. Sick! And then he has to show the picture of them making funny faces to good brother suit jacket. Where is your dignity brother slightly long hair no suit jacket?

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Like someone else said, you can't make this shit up! For all the angst the Watchtower put me through, I do have to thank them for the comedy.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I love the "Mr Poo Poo face" the guy in the suit on pg. 14 is making to the enthusiastic young brother trying to show him something on his phone.

Reminds me of many a self righteous asshole I have encountered. . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit