Fun with the July 15th WT illustration

by undercover 83 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

The level of irreverence taking hold on this thread I find, frankly, appalling.

The young man of size whom some have shamelessly denigrated does have feelings, you know, and is a potential recruit candidate for Hotel California life everlasting if - and only if - one of those suited stiffs gets a publication into his hands, and, with time and patience, helps our special needs youth see that he, too, has a place in our loving God's arrangement ...

Mopping floors and scrubbing toilets ... Oh! that would be me....

But I ain't no chubby dude!

CoCo

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

fugue: "But the cynical (and mentally diseased) me thinks that perhaps they're going this route because they are having such a hard time retaining teens and young adults, and they were really getting sick of having magazines that are full of photos of young people who are now disfellowshipped... so they cartoonize the photos, and now it won't matter if the kids get DF'ed, since you can't really identify who is who in the pictures."

Exactly. They won't be doing any more "Young People Ask" videos partly for that reason. They just can't count on anybody, especially teens, to stay in "the truth".

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

One critical detail that they left out is whether God favors boxers or briefs; these things are vitaly important to be marked for survival! Good grief you can't make this $hit up, they have completely lost it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I, personally, favor briefs, and I do feel that I have the mind of God ...

CoCo Tighty

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I don't know... killing off all those little soldiers of jah might be your undoing! They do make boxer-briefs now so you get the best of both worlds btw, although that might confuse the GB (LOL).

• compound complex
    compound complex

Tootired2care:

CoCo des Deux Mondes

• 2tone
    2tone

Anybody notice that girl with the mullet? lol

I went to a gathering of witnesses in the last six months. it was a drag so i brought the most neutral thing i could think of to play. Jenga. I swear someone that i know must have ties to the writing department

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Haha! Fat kids don't skateboard....

So out of touch. Look at the caption though... 'how can we identify modern day Absaloms and guard ourselves against them?' don't worry, you won't have to. They don't like you and your self righteous douchebag attitude.

And I don't remember any JW parties going like the one in the previous pic. Most of the time there were a LOT more people, mostly ish faced and hooking up, but of course with half JW standards. No drugs and keep it above the belt. It looks like they are trying to get away from that.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Modern day Absaloms? Is that what the caption actually says? Wtf?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It seems part of the message is that blonde people are a huge part of the problem.

In the top series, Blondie is discussing whether or not Watchtower was an NGO member of the United Nations with another young JW.
    In the next picture, he is using jwfacts.com on his smart phone, checking what is being taught at the WT study with older information they used to teach.
    In the third picture, Blondie is sharing what he has learned with another JW youth at school, so in the fourth picture Blondie is establishing his double life until he can get out of his JW parents' home and on to college.

Meanwhile, since the main growth is in the United States is in the hispanic community, WT chooses to show a Latino nerdboy who is rejecting the advances of an evil white girl in the third picture on the bottom, but WT is saying in the fourth picture that he will, undoubtedly, still meet a wonderful "sister" if he seeks a WT-approved social life, but Jenga is all he will be able to afford after the pizza.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit