Fun with the July 15th WT illustration

by undercover 83 Replies latest jw friends

• baltar447
    baltar447

OH! I get it! The drunk party, the "cool" dub and his worldly interest could be heading to some nookie. But there's also a third chick, sexually frustrated that her boyfriend has passed out drunk. I see a threesome in cool dubs future...

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

lol at OntheWayOut...best post on here.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

The clothing stood out to me right away. Especially the dude at school. Evidently jehovah must hate t-shirts, even ones without logos, the one guy at the party with the button up is wearing it open over a t-shirt.

The other thing I noticed about dress is the girl at the locker in the "bad" picture even with the dress, wearing something more conservative than the other. The other shows a bare middrift and high heels, but the first doesn't even show her feet.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

EVERYTHING in these pictures is scrutinized to a dizzying degree.

There is not one element to any of these images that is not specifically there to send a message. The WTS knows this and trains the "friends" to treat these pictures as teachings from Jehovah.

The great part about inserting these almost "subliminal" messages is the WTS can make the defense that "we never actually SAID that"

BUT....... we know the message is there.

So what is the WTS SAYING here? This is what I see:

• untucked shirts are "worldly", rebellious, the "spirit of the world", as are obesity, ball caps, skate boards and fist bumps
    • see the aggressive look on his face playing a violent video game? they invoke a violent rebellious spirit
    • obviously Face book is "bad" but worldly girls where pants and have necklaces, bracelets and BIG ear rings
    • the "good" brother is wearing a suit and tie while the "lover of freedom" is sans jacket and attentive to his cell phone, likely showing the good brother the pic of him and jewelry wearing harlot on facebook
    • not sure about the man purse. Kind of mirrors the gym bag over his shoulder at school. This is an interesting message since the man purse breif case seems to be acceptable ministry apparel. Anyone?
    • none of the sisters in the "good" side have visible jewelry
    • the sisters have shoulder bags/purses
    • good JW's are in shape and all wear suit jackets

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit