It makes no sense whatsoever that a" CREATOR" would only communicate with a minority of the population then put the onus on them to convey this life saving message to the WHOLE wide world

by smiddy 182 Replies latest jw experiences

• Flossycat
  • Flossycat
    Flossycat

I'm with 'Illinois' and mP. To me, Jehovah behaves like a spoiled, insecure brat who thows trantums every time he doesn't get what he wants - maybe a psychopath, even.

• dog is god
    dog is god

You guys are missing the point. Starting with the belief that the bible is THE word of god. That has been proven impossible by archeology carbon dating and science. It is simply one of many ways man has tried to explain the inexplicable etc. If you follow the history of the bible and all the gnostic gospels you will find that the material that is contained in todays canon was written by mostly anonomous arthors which don't allways agree. They were written long after the apostles died (most of whom did not read or write). Paul was a hijacker of Jesus's teachings infusing them with his Judiac law, Pharisitical teachings and legalistic thinking. Jesus NEVER shunned or rejected anyone (even those the Jews demanded to be not spoken to.) Jesus best friends and equals were women (that bothered the deciples) and they were the first to go to him at and after his death and they were the first that he appeared to. There are no translations "from the origional texts" because they DO NOT EXIST!

The bible was put together by people who remembered the myths of preceeding religions. Christianity was built on these with an unforgiving god demanding blood scarifices (also predating christianity), rape, pilliage, theft and destruction. Just having the central theme of blood sacrifice is a basic pre-christian makes it no different than other beliefs. In Jerusalem there were so many sacrifices from so many kinds of sins, each with it's own animal that literal rivers of blood flowed from the temple. Gross. As if slitting the throat of some pigeon or goat or cow or bull would really make or even symbolize making a redemption is how far pagan-minded people were. Actually, doing this makes those people at that time were way more pagan than the pagans because that's where they got the idea----not god.

If you want to cherry pick Chritianity's doctrines or mix them up with the Jws or just cherry pick from JW doctrine. Be my guest. It will not make one difference in anything except in your own mind. What ever floats your boat.

• tec
    tec

That just about covers all bases and leaves room for an entirely different game - evolution or even atheism perhaps?

I do accept evolution :)

But in truth, do you know what 'base' is the correct base? If you don't, how would you find out? For me, asking various religions isn't going to cut it, because there are many different answers. I would ask the author who penned Genesis how he meant it to be understood, but he isn't around. I do look to the words of Christ, but even those do not have to specifically imply literal, allegorical, or a combo of the two. So I can ask Him, myself, and I will only KNOW the answer if and when He gives it to me. Until that time, I take the meaning behind any given story, including the Adam/Eve one, and keep an open mind as to the literal/allegorical nature of that story.

I have tried to follow this debate but am unable to find a single comment that actually answers the question posed by the opening question; hence my reluctance to fully engage in serious debate - my apologies for interrupting. Please carry on.

I'm with Nancy... I didn't see a question either.

If it is 'Does it make sense that a creator would only, etc...." then, yes it does make sense IF it is done out of necessity. However, it also makes sense that He is communicating with everyone, but some refuse to hear, or don't understand that they can, or don't know how because of other things standing in their way. Hence, only a few do hear Him speaking to them, and those that do share what they hear.

Peace,

Tammy

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

"I'm with Nancy ... I didn't see a question either."

The opening statement is a provocative statement designed to illicit a response. It has received many replies. I am impressed that N.drew has transformed herself into an English teacher. Full marks for effort.

"But in truth, do you know what 'base' is the correct base?"

No, I have no base on which to develop a faith. The Bible does not make sense and Jesus has yet to talk to me. That’s rather rude, considering how many years of my life I spent talking to him and trying to serve his father. So I remain without a faith. However, if I were a Christian, claming to have direct communication with Jesus, I would at the very least expect him to tell me whether of not Adam & Eve existed.

If they are just allegorical people and the Eden project is just ‘a story’ or fable, then I would have to assume that the story of Jesus is also a fable and that Jesus is an allegorical figure; just a myth.

The question that we are left asking is; Did Jesus come to earth and sacrifice himself to redeem fallen man or is the whole Eden story including Adam & Eve, allegorical, fictitious? If I were in direct communication with Jesus I would ask him for a straight answer before I wasted one more moment of my mortal life playing a game of hide and seek.

If Jesus could not directly answer that one simple, yet fundamental question regarding his fathers plan for me, I would realize that he is not listening to me and I had imagined he was speaking to me and declare myself an agnostic until further notice.

Come to think of it that is exactly what did happen to me. That is why I left Jehovah's Witnesses, gave up on Christianity and became a gladiator - well we all have our delusions.

May your gods go with you Tammy.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Well put Gladdy !

I haven't had time to read the whole thread yet, but what agreat thought in the title Smiddy !

Of course it makes no sense, someone has probably said this, but right from the start, with "Abraham" ,(who may not be a true historical figure either), it makes no sense that a Creator would have aspecial friend, and even less that the offspring of that friend would be his chosen people.

Then we get right down to the really silly bit, that the Creator chose the convicted criminals who formed the Rutherford gang in 1919 !

It makes no fu**ing sense !!!

• inbetween
    inbetween

religion is the big excuse, people created for God not revealing himself.

• donuthole
    donuthole

" Just having the central theme of blood sacrifice is a basic pre-christian makes it no different than other beliefs."

Yet with Christianity we have the end of blood sacrifice, which is fairly significant. Jesus' symbolic death was giving the Jews a reason not to slit the throats of animals anymore, just as the animal sacrifices gave them a reason not to slit the throats of their children. (Though that still went on to a degree unfortunately.) Symbolically the death of Jesus can be seen as the ultimate sacrifice to end all sacrifice. Not that God needed it, but in order to the satisfy the people's own superstitious guilt. That's progress. Just as moving to a faith based on love is progress from a moral law code which is progress from a lawless society.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

"God" (The Source) cannot possibly "talk" or "reveal himself" on this plane of existence. It's a lot more complicated than the "God-Jesus-Angels-humans-animals" hierarchy that Christianity teaches. There are so many levels (dimensions) and planes of existence between the physical universe and "God" that the thought of "God" communicating directly is absolutely ludicrous. For someone who has been brainwashed by religion, there is a lot to be learned about this. Mankind is evolving, but at one point our brains were unplugged, left and right hemispheres disconnected for all intents and purposes. This was accomplished through DNA manipulation.

In the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus said that when you "make your eye single, you will enter the Kingdom of the Heavens". The cosmos is a perfect balance of male and female energy. Since our consciousness is directly tied to it, if only one half of your brain is receiving info, or not talking to the other half and working with it in perfect balance, it is basically shut off to any sort of "spirit" world information. The Kabbalistic "Tree of Life" is a perfect illustration of this. There is a middle path, and the two outer paths, of which one is male and the other female (Jachin and Boaz, the pillars of the Temple). Taking the middle path to ascension is the only way, and this is symbolized by Jesus dying on the Tree. The cross-beam needs to be equal in length on each side. This is exactly what Jesus meant when he said, "Broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going through it. But narrow and cramped is the road leading to everlasting life, and few are the ones finding it." This means being spiritually centered, rather than overly narcissist or overly selfless.

The subconscious mind has played the largest part in people of the past "hearing" God or being "inspired" by God. If anyone is really interested in this subject, they should look into the "Bi-Cameral Mind". There is tons of research, both old and new, on this subject.

Here's an informative article about this:

The Right-Brain God?

http://armageddonconspiracy.co.uk/The-Right-Brain-God%281606194%29.htm

• N.drew
    N.drew

I understand you Prodigal Son.

Humans can and do make hundreds of choices each day. Millions of choices in a life time. Some choices do not make much difference. Some choices make a world of difference. Some seemingly insignificant choices change the course of a person's life! Does anyone want The God to be the choice center inside? I think some people do and they never want to leave the house. God does not, but can, direct our minds for the best choices. We would be biological robots. The temptation, I think, is great.

yet fundamental question regarding his fathers plan for me,

What is God's plan for you? THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE. He wants you to be free. But He won't tell you* each step of the way. Some people want that. It is not a good thing to want.

*communicate to you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit