It makes no sense whatsoever that a" CREATOR" would only communicate with a minority of the population then put the onus on them to convey this life saving message to the WHOLE wide world

by smiddy 182 Replies latest jw experiences

• zoiks
    zoiks

N. Drew: That's your stupid definition of faith. We have two adopted cats. I don't like you.

SBC: This is quite possibly the best response I've ever elicited on JWN.

I am in love with this little exchange.

• cofty
    cofty

FAITH.No one word personifies the absolute worst and most wicked properties of religion better than that.

Faith is mind-rot.

It’s the poison that destroys critical thinking, undermines evidence, and leads people into lives dedicated to absurdity. It’s a parasite regarded as a virtue.

I speak as a representative of the scientific faction of atheism: it’s one thing we simply cannot compromise on. Faith is wrong. - PZ Myers

I agree wholeheartedly with these sentiments, faith is not a virtue.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

zoiks what is Eagle..............something??

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you all for your input to my thread:However I do think some posters have missed the whole point.Please reflect back on the subject matter,I`m not only referring to the...... OT ,Adam,Eve ,Abraham,etc...../NT.Jesus ,his disciples etc. that has covered the past 6 thousand years of recorded history,what I was trying to emphasise is that the Almighty God has given no such hope /guidance/instruction/message of salvation to any other nation except his chosen people,the job wasn`t given to" angels his messengers"it was given to imperfect human beings who in this past 6000 years has had no impact on the majority of the populace namely CHINA,BANGLADESH,INDIA,PAKISTAN and many of the ancient civilizations who have since gone out of existence.Thankyou for your comments

smiddy

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Science does require imagination, though, and that's one aspect it shares with faith. Although in science, imagination is used to dream up ideas which are then tested, whereas in religion imagination is used to dream up ideas which are then believed. . . . SBC

quite possibly one of the most succinct definitions I've read here.

Simple is usually best . . . cuts through all the crap.

I think that statement is beyond challenging . . . scientifically speaking of course.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Smiddy . . . I think your question set up a typical JWN chemical chain-reaction.

The statement in your OP is hard to refute . . . you're right, it doesn't make sense. The evolution and dissemination of human religious belief shows no sign of God's involvement IMO. It has all the characteristics of an entirely human-originated affair . . . which is why it has become so random and haphazard. Religion is as guilty as any individual, in it's collective attrocities and conflicts etc. God is not with any of them . . . none . . . why the hell would he be?

• zoiks
    zoiks

Berengaria said:

zoiks what is Eagle..............something??

Sorry, didn't see this until just now, and it took a second for me to figure out that you were referring to my statement on this thread.

Anyhoo, I had been drinking some Eagle Rare, a pretty decent Bourbon:

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Ahhh thank you!

Yes, sorry I just blurted on this thread as it seemed to be your focus at the time

• zoiks
    zoiks

Ahh, gotcha. I am guilty by design of some hit-and-run posting, in order to keep my computer time to a minimum. I will try to check back on my posts with more regularity. Cheers!

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Cheers! And thanks for directing me back to that thread. Laughed my ass off. Hubby finally asked what I was looking at.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit