It makes no sense whatsoever that a" CREATOR" would only communicate with a minority of the population then put the onus on them to convey this life saving message to the WHOLE wide world

by smiddy 182 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

"I suspect that will happen at "the end" but so far because people are born and they die how then could anyone communicate something to all humans at the same time."

You are joking, right?

• N.drew
    N.drew

No

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

OK, to all LIVING humans in a matter of few days or a week?

Is this more inline with your understanding of God's capacity to communicate?

C'mon. Twitter can do it faster.

• dog is god
    dog is god

My first reaction, "No, DUH!" If there is a god, who knows that it didn't communicate with other peoples. The Bible only addresses the alleged communication of the decendants of Abraham. The joke here is that EVERYBODY thinks they are the ONLY ONES. I worked with a gal I became friends with and she shared her greatist secret about a huge affair she had. She made me swear not to tell ANYONE. I was very careful never to mention this to any co=workers. I was at dinner with a few and the subject of her divorce came about and one of the other gals said that this gal had a big secret which this gal would not elaborate upon when ANOTHER person said, "Oh, you mean about her big ole affair?" She told everyone and made them swear to secrecy. Soooo, EVERYBODY knew, we just didn't know everybody knew.

Remember the scripture that says that "the stones would cry out" Luke 39:40. That would sure make a bigger impression than people vs people or one secret vs another secret. I say, let the rocks talk!!!!! I wonder what story they would have?

For me, at this point in time, I won't have any of it. I was in a discussion of "What is Religion" at the end we felt it more important to ask "Why is Religion". To explain the unexplainable, to know the unknowable. Then some human saw the power of it and it all went to hell in a handbasket.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It makes perfect sense if you want to be a leader of a new religion. You are not going to be very successful getting followers if God talks to everyone.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    OK, to all LIVING humans in a matter of few days or a week?

Yan I suspect you are not thinking clearly. Which generation would it be best for The God to do that? What about the paranoid folks? Do you think it might be too scary for some people? I do.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

As sinners, God does not owe us anything. He gave us life. An earth filled with everything we could possibly need; any type of animal we want, any type of food we want, anywhere we want to live. That alone, my dear friend, is way beyond the degree of "fairness". When Adam and Eve sinned they passed it on to their offspring. As sinners we are not deserving of any relationship with the Creator, not even of life itself. So God dealing specifically with one nation of people, is completely justified, because he doesn't owe anyone anything.

Are you kidding nananana. It is hardly fair or loving that God punishes the children of Adam and Eve for inheriting sin for something they did not do. A loving and perfect God would not have allowed the option of sin in the first place.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    N.drew: Yan I suspect you are not thinking clearly.

Well, to be fair, maybe Yan just hasn't developed his communication branches, yet, Nance. The whole tree thing, y'know...

N.drew: I veiw communication like a tree.

------------------------------------------------

JWFacts: It makes perfect sense if you want to be a leader of a new religion. You are not going to be very successful getting followers if God talks to everyone.

Well put, JWF.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Yan I suspect you are not thinking clearly. Which generation would it be best for The God to do that? What about the paranoid folks? Do you think it might be too scary for some people? I do.

You think this because you have human empathy and this does you credit, darlin. However, you are once again putting limitations on God's abilities...and like I said before, you can't have it both ways.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Do you think it might be too scary for some people? I do.

Ha, must have been pretty scary for the poor souls that drowned during "the flood". He didn't seem to care much, did He?

But then, that was a mass-execution in progress; quite different than a mass-deliverance, I suspect...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit