It makes no sense whatsoever that a" CREATOR" would only communicate with a minority of the population then put the onus on them to convey this life saving message to the WHOLE wide world

by smiddy 182 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

What is God's your parent's plan for you? THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE. Heyour parent wants you to be free. But He your parent won't tell you* each step of the way. Some people children want that. It is not a good thing to want.

*communicate to you

N. Drew, is this what goes through your head when your child approaches the edge of a cliff, about to fall to their death? Is this what you think?

You have told them not to go near the edge, yet they seem to not have heard, or maybe disobeyed you.

What do you do - sit back and let gravity teach them a lesson?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    What do you do - sit back and let gravity teach them a lesson?

No. Of course not. I would grab them away from the edge. I believe God has done that many times, you just don't know it. Why do you seem to be insisting that every Good Work of The God should be made known? "Jesus" said "I am no part of the world". Is that what he meant by that?

• N.drew
    N.drew

I'd just like to say that those in the Organization are not "on the edge" so God will leave most of them to decide for themselves. Some people's lives are better for being in "Babylon". Daniel is just one example.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Welcome to the board, Flossycat!

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

I believe God has done that many times, you just don't know it.

"I don't believe God has ever done it, you've just imagined it." See, my statement can be just as assertive and presumptious.

N.Drew, we keep drifting away from the main topic. I don't know what Jesus meant by his "no part of the world" words, I don't know if he ever uttered them, I don't know if he ever existed.

There is an easy, instant way for me to learn and believe. But my parent would rather let me fall of the cliff (in my hardheadidness) than simply use his powers (all of his powers, whatever powers necessary) to reach me.

You must have been a better child, more attentive, more obedient, more attuned. I must have been different, perhaps more rebelious or maybe thick in the head and didn't hear his voice. If my purpose in life is to serve him, why not use a fraction of his great powers and tell me in a way I can hear and believe. He knows what that way is.

And I am not alone. More than 70% of his children are lost, running towards a cliff...

I am only human, but believe me, my parenting is equally devoted to and divided between my children.

• N.drew
    N.drew

What is this, please?

More than 70% of his children are lost, running towards a cliff..
  • N.drew
    N.drew
    "I don't believe God has ever done it, you've just imagined it." See, my statement can be just as assertive and presumptious.

Presumptious would be saying "God has done that". That's my opinion. I said "I believe" God has done that. And I never thought of myself as "assertive". Do you really think so?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

What is this, please?

~ Christians/World population (or, are Hindus and Muslims not children of God).

Presumptious would be saying "God has done that".

No, presumptious is your assertion that "... you just don't know it."

Can we rise above semantics?

How can I ever get you to stay on topic?

• tec
    tec

No, I have no base on which to develop a faith. The Bible does not make sense and Jesus has yet to talk to me. That’s rather rude, considering how many years of my life I spent talking to him and trying to serve his father. So I remain without a faith. However, if I were a Christian, claming to have direct communication with Jesus, I would at the very least expect him to tell me whether of not Adam & Eve existed.

Well, he was speaking to me long before I knew or recognized it. I'm guessing that it might be the same for anyone who had/has faith in him.

As for Adam and Eve... they are not what is important. What I am to do, how I am to act and treat my fellow man, who I am to look for to know these things and also for truth to know and to help others with... these things are important. I have also found that if I am conflicted about wanting to know something, or when I might have trouble accepting the answer, then I don't get an answer. Or rather, I don't listen to what I might be hearing.

If they are just allegorical people and the Eden project is just ‘a story’ or fable, then I would have to assume that the story of Jesus is also a fable and that Jesus is an allegorical figure; just a myth.

See, I don't. Reading the bible without anyone else's interpretations, I would never come to that conclusion, and I never did come to that conclusion. Paul referenced Adam in a general notion in accordance with Christ being the last Adam. That doesn't mean he meant to build an entire doctrine around it. I have sins of my own that Christ came to take away.

The question that we are left asking is; Did Jesus come to earth and sacrifice himself to redeem fallen man or is the whole Eden story including Adam & Eve, allegorical, fictitious? If I were in direct communication with Jesus I would ask him for a straight answer before I wasted one more moment of my mortal life playing a game of hide and seek.

But I am not left asking this question, because the answer does not matter to me, because the answer either way does not affect Christ and what He diddoes. I'm curious now if it is allegorical or literal, because you and I are talking about it... but it is just a curiosity. Allegorical or literal, again, I have my own sins for Christ and God to have forgiven.

If Jesus could not directly answer that one simple, yet fundamental question regarding his fathers plan for me, I would realize that he is not listening to me and I had imagined he was speaking to me and declare myself an agnostic until further notice.

Maybe the answer is more of a question on why we ask questions that don't matter? It is men who have taught that the one (Christ and his role) hinges upon the other (Adam's sin in the garden).

I mean, what if Adam and Eve represent each of us and our choices? I don't know if that is true or not, but it might as well be, since we all (that I know of) sin in some way or another. We all go our own way despite the way that God wants us to go.

For all practical purposes, that IS how I look at the story of Adam and Eve.

Come to think of it that is exactly what did happen to me. That is why I left Jehovah's Witnesses, gave up on Christianity and became a gladiator - well we all have our delusions.

You have chosen a good profession. You do fight well in the arena!

May your gods go with you Tammy.

And may you earn your rudis ;)

Peace Glad,

Tammy

• N.drew
    N.drew
    How can I ever get you to stay on topic?

OK! BUT... What if Heaven is communicating through me then everything I say on this thread would BE on topic, wouldn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit