It makes no sense whatsoever that a" CREATOR" would only communicate with a minority of the population then put the onus on them to convey this life saving message to the WHOLE wide world

by smiddy 182 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

If my purpose in life is to serve him,

He wants you to serve OTHERS.

God serves us. Christ showed this by serving us when he was here. He taught, healed, washed the feet of his disciples, gave his life... all for us. He never asked for any of his disciples to do these things for Him. Just for others. We are to mimic these actions and serve one another.

Just wanted to clarify that point.

Peace,

Tammy

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Jesus got lucky when Paul decided to become his cheerleader. Had Paul hitched his wagon to another of the roving, miracle wielding messiahs at the time we wouldn't even know Jesus existed.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

OK! BUT... What if Heaven is communicating through me then everything I say on this thread would BE on topic, wouldn't it?

Right, and what if I am Satan himself, manifesting as Yan Bibiyan here, trying to shake your faith?

Have a pleasant weekend.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

He wants you to serve OTHERS.

Point taken, Tammy. I can easily rephrase to: "...If my purpose in life is to serve others...", but this does not change the premise of the question one iota.

As I asked N.Drew, how can we get past semantics and try to address the main topic - Why communicate the message to some in a clear unquestionalble way and not to the vast majority in the same easy manner.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Why communicate the message to some in a clear unquestionalble way and not to the vast majority in the same easy manner.

I think this has happened to only one man in my humble opinion. People call him Jesus. I think both Tammy and I have stated we have questions and many times the message is not clear. Why not think of deaf people? I have heard of some deaf persons that would not get hearing even if they could. That is hearsay though.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Smiddy,

The question you raise is very interesting.

In the world of insect biology we find many instances where information from “god” (queen bee, for instance) is communicated via messengers. The messengers are the ones with direct contact with “god”. If communication from messengers is disobeyed the disobedient typically suffer dire consequence. In the case of ants, if the messengers tell the colony not to lay fertile eggs and a worker lays fertile eggs nevertheless, those eggs are promptly and unceremoniously destroyed. In contemporary human society this would be similar to forced abortions on women who disobeyed a dictate against procreation!

In the insect world, those with direct contact with “god” rule. In other words, the messengers rule!

Now consider the question: Aside from human self-perception, what are humans but an insect in the universe?

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• tec
    tec

I answered it, Yan.

He speaks to all. Only some can hear Him. The reasons for that vary. God does not force himself upon us. Those people who think He should just announce himself like he did at Sinai with Moses seem not to recall that the people were terrified and did not want to hear him. Also, some don't want to hear.

(And I don't mean that they don't want to hear their god talking to them. They don't want to hear THE God talking to them, through His Son or not. Because what God would say to them would not be what they want to hear. For some, it would be like the pharisees that Christ rebuked. Some people want to go their own way, even though some have convinced themselves that what they want is also what God wants. This brings us to those who cannot hear, because they are listening to something or someone else. Therefore, they cannot recognize God at all. Only the lie.)

Why does He speak in spirit, rather than in some loud booming voice (other than the fear and ensuing panic that would follow)? Because He IS spirit. He did send Christ, his image, to us. So we had the physical voice and body to hear as well. But we are also spirit within, and I think we have to learn this and remember this. We have to move past the limitations of the flesh.

However, all that being said... if you know the golden rule (do unto others as you would have them do unto you); then He has communicated to you in a way that you can understand. You may not credit it to Him, but you still heard it.

Peace,

Tammy

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Tammy,

Thank you for taking the time to explain from a different angle.

Best,

• tec
    tec

Peace,

Tammy

• poopsiecakes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit