It makes no sense whatsoever that a" CREATOR" would only communicate with a minority of the population then put the onus on them to convey this life saving message to the WHOLE wide world

by smiddy 182 Replies latest jw experiences

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Wouldn't it be so much more effective to communicate this way?

Yeah, but since when has god's goal effective communication, George?? If he was an effective communicator, more people on this planet might actually get to know him and understand what he really wants out of this relationship. Then they might follow those clear instructions to the tee. Then how would he justify frying people in hell?

To be honest, I think you want reduce god's weekend to a chick flick at the house, George. How dare you.

• N.drew
    N.drew

If he was an effective communicator, more people on this planet might actually get to know him and what he really wants out of a relationship.

I can believe that people don't imagine that God is real. I understand that people don't think God is a Person. But when a poster posts that they don't know what God expects (if real), I don't understand that.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I want to repeat myself because the page has turned and I'd love for someone to answer this;

If sceptics indeed did get an amazing message with an awsome supporting sign, how would they know where it's coming from?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

If sceptics indeed did get an amazing message with an awsome supporting sign, how would they know where it's coming from?

Exactly.

• nananana
    nananana

You're forgetting a very fundamental fact, that probably dilutes your entire argument, in opposition to God's Word, the Bible. As sinners, God does not owe us anything. He gave us life. An earth filled with everything we could possibly need; any type of animal we want, any type of food we want, anywhere we want to live. That alone, my dear friend, is way beyond the degree of "fairness". When Adam and Eve sinned they passed it on to their offspring. As sinners we are not deserving of any relationship with the Creator, not even of life itself. So God dealing specifically with one nation of people, is completely justified, because he doesn't owe anyone anything. Jehovah has still opened up the way for individuals of every nationality, race, culture, and background to come to have a close, intimate relationship with him. And you're also forgetting, the way of life those who were not Israelites lived. They did not want to serve God his way. In fact, the majority of mankind does not, even to this day. Even some of God's people (the Israelites) repeatedly rebelled against him. You have no substantial argument to justify disbelief in the Bible, just because God doesn't deal with people according to YOUR imperfect, flawed thinking. Someone needs a reality check, less time ranting on a forum, and more time studying the Bible for what it actually is.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Different points of view do not satisfy you Yan Bibiyan?

Different points of view?!?! If there is a fire in the building, there are no "different points of view". There is only one - out the fire escape!

N.Drew, we are not talking about sunday morning brunch conversation here - this is a matter of life and death!!

Yes, I have a problem with different points of vew if they obscure the only true solution.

Do different colors upset you? Oh, they are opposed to one another. Can you give me one example?

This is about the reddest or herrings I've seen. Come on, stay on topic, don't put words in my mouth.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

But when a poster posts that they don't know what God expects (if real), I don't understand that.

It all comes back around to the bible being the one and only source of faith and belief, and that is way too flimsy a string to hang from. If God is as powerful and all knowing as you believers claim he is, then sending a clear, concise and impossible to misinterpret message simultaneously to everyone on the planet should be a piece of cake. The bible says a lot of things about what God expects, and love isn't mentioned quite as often as you'd think - if that's really what he expects.

Yes, I know, I'm going to hear that 'no, I don't believe that the bible is the one and only source of faith and belief' but it really is. At least let's be honest about that...

*again, said with love*

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

You're clearly underestimating the power of the god you worship and making him into something quite human.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    You're clearly underestimating the power of the god you worship and making him into something quite human.

Please explain this. I do not understand what you are saying.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

God does not owe us anything.

If he exists and believes in 'live and let live' then I agree. But based on the rest of your comment, that's not what you believe he believes. Which means that yes, he does owe us something. A lot, actually. If he exists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit