Steven Unthank: What do we really know?

by SweetBabyCheezits 503 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• unshackled
    unshackled

For what it's worth, the sun/ball of yarn drawing on both jwnews and unthank's site are hosted here, respectively:

http://jwnewsnetwork.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/the-sun-to-make-you-happy.jpg?w=450&h=459
    http://stevenunthank.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/the-sun-to-make-you-happy.jpg?w=450&h=459

The dates in that URL would indicate an upload date to wordpress...2011/12...2011/08. So at the very least it doesn't seem to be something dug up on the fly today.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

I have no doubt at all that Steven is well-intentioned. Various government departments have been very patient and co-operative throughout this saga. But could it be that his tendancy to embroider these issues is what has prompted those government officials to back away from him?

I've said it before on this forum: by the time a JW gets to the point of leaving, they are often damaged goods. I know I was: consumed by anger and bitterness and a sense of betrayal, as well as a feeling of humilation at having been conned and manipulated. It may be that Steven's excesses (if they are such) are a manifestation of that. We have all dealt with it in different ways.

• Timothy Riches
    Timothy Riches

I paid attention to this case, as much as was possible from Canada. I saw the Latrobe Valley court record indicating the charges were legitimately filed. There was even a letter from the court indicating, as others have mentioned, Mr. Unthank's tendency toward hyperbole, but acknowledging that the wording was still acceptible. If Mr. Unthank has any negative issue in this matter, it is to heighten the drama in order to focus more attention on the matter. It must have been a powerful motivation, considering most news outlets ignored hte story, and even some in the Ex-JW community were giving him a hard time over it.

Listen to yourselves! Goddammit, are you questioning whether this case was even legitimate? Sometimes I feel that the ex-JW community are worse than the damned JWs, nitpicking each other to death over trivialities! This is like chickens pecking that one chicken to death because of a feather out of place!

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

When this all started coming out a while back, Unthank posted a blog about how the WT was running child sex clubs down in Austrailia. I called BS then and I call it now. I have not seen anything from anyone on this matter except Unthank. Until solid proof is brought forth from a credible source, this is all hearsay. Once people find out you fudged on one thing they begin to doubt all of it and the only thing he has done is hurt the cause. Now, because of him, the WT can promote the BS propaganda that we're all just a bunch of lying apostates. We need someone like Barbera Anderson to look into this...not Johnny the Bethalite.

• Timothy Riches
    Timothy Riches

This is the link that would show the case details if the court didn't remove the docket upon completion:
    http://www.magistratescourtvic.ozehosting.com.au/cgi-bin/mc_crim_list.pl?court=097&date=21022012
    I also find it slightly disturbing that some are waiting for Barbara to confirm or deny certain details. WTF???

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Listen to yourselves! Goddammit, are you questioning whether this case was even legitimate? Sometimes I feel that the ex-JW community are worse than the damned JWs, nitpicking each other to death over trivialities! This is like chickens pecking that one chicken to death because of a feather out of place!

Hey Timothy - listen to yourself. The guy is caught in a fabrication (first the picture was of the girl, then it was not of the girl) - and that is not just "a feather out of place".

It cheapens what should have been a case above reproach.

There was even a letter from the court indicating, as others have mentioned, Mr. Unthank's tendency toward hyperbole, but acknowledging that the wording was still acceptible.

And here we probably have a prime example of why the prosecuting attorney ended up not taking this seriously.

• shamus100
    shamus100

When this all started coming out a while back, Unthank posted a blog about how the WT was running child sex clubs down in Austrailia. I called BS then and I call it now. I have not seen anything from anyone on this matter except Unthank. Until solid proof is brought forth from a credible source, this is all hearsay. Once people find out you fudged on one thing they begin to doubt all of it and the only thing he has done is hurt the cause. Now, because of him, the WT can promote the BS propaganda that we're all just a bunch of lying apostates. We need someone like Barbera Anderson to look into this...not Johnny the Bethalite.

WHAT????

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I also find it slightly disturbing that some are waiting for Barbara to confirm or deny certain details. WTF???

That is because she was the one to promote Unthank and his case here on JWN - she also advertised here that he was going on the Six Screens call - so I assume that she knows him and would be a logical person to enquire.

When this all started coming out a while back, Unthank posted a blog about how the WT was running child sex clubs down in Austrailia. I called BS then and I call it now.

Interesting, Pyramid Scheme...

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

So Timothy, you admit he exaggerates things, and yet we are supposed to to still take him seriously ?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

United we stand, divided we..............oh what the hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit