Steven Unthank: What do we really know?

by SweetBabyCheezits 503 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

The picture of the sun is something he posted before when he forst got it from one of the children like he says.
    Hopefully his recent post is legit and he should have been clearer in saying it was a representation of the childs pain.

We had a bad hoax on a facebook group some months back regarding abuse,suicide/ murder attempt.. It really shook everyone up when they thought it was true. Then when we found out it was a lie the hurt and anger that followedmwas rough. So this very discussion regarding this case is taking place on facebook. You can't blame some for being skeptical about things. I hope all of this has been legit so as not to discredit the fight against the WT.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

James Woods, the Director of Public Prosecutions did take it seriously. My reading of his final letter is that, as with any criminal case, they have make an assessment of whether a case is worth proceeding with on the basis of the likelihood of gaining a conviction.

This case hinged on religious ministers failing to get WWC checks if they were legally obliged to do so. The DPP must have believed it would be too hard to prove that some individuals regularly work with unrelated minors. Who would give evidence if they denied those charges? And who can prove that the Governing Body gave a direction to the local elders to defy the law?

The Justice Department has already said they have been in regular contact with the WTS in Australia reminding them of their obligations. The letter to Victorian congregations may be seen as a reasonable result. Tying up the courts with a case that was unlikely to be won was probably seen as a waste of public money.

• Violia
    Violia

I got that Steven unthank meant he put an image of a young person who looked distraught to symbolize the victims. Barbara used an image on her CD of Pedophilia in an American religion. So what?

I have not been out one dime on this and I do trust Barbara Anderson's judgment.

Sometimes I feel like this forum helps the wts a lot.

• Timothy Riches
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What a farce. Yeah well some of us said so a while ago. Not that many here listen to contrary voices. Groupthink at its finest. There I said it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I got that Steven unthank meant he put an image of a young person who looked distraught to symbolize the victims. Barbara used an image on her CD of Pedophilia in an American religion. So what?

I thought that was a bad move too. Fearon, Unthank and Anderson all show disturbing lack of judgement in my view, although admittedly to varying degrees.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Listen to yourselves! Goddammit, are you questioning whether this case was even legitimate? Sometimes I feel that the ex-JW community are worse than the damned JWs, nitpicking each other to death over trivialities! This is like chickens pecking that one chicken to death because of a feather out of place!

I'm not questioning whether or not the WTBTS has played a role in the molestation of children. I want justice and protection of JW children as much as you do. But IT IS NEITHER NECESSARY NOR DOES IT HELP THE CAUSE TO LIE.

If Mr. Unthank didn't falsely claim that an image was that of a rape victim that he was representing, this thread wouldn't exist. That's not nit-picking. It's pointing out a lie. It wasn't a misunderstanding. It wasn't hyperbole. It was a lie.

• undercover
    undercover

Listen to yourselves! Goddammit, are you questioning whether this case was even legitimate?

No. Never did. Questioned the sensibleness of posting the likeness of a child victim on the Internet for all to see. The fact that some other circumstantial evidence leads one to question is only normal.

And more than one person said to whoa up on the lynch mob, pardner. Let's get all the facts in 'fore we go stringin fellers up.

• shamus100
    shamus100

So Mr. Unthank was promoting the idea that the WTBTS had child sex clubs in Australia. Really.

That is actually worse than the six screens of the watchtower. What bullshit!

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

The courts probably don't see a point in going any further if the Branch has ordered the elders to comply with the laws now. If there were fines to be paid I'm sure they paid them.

This doesn't mean that a case can't be built up against those in the Traralgon congregation who abused and covered up the abuse if that is true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit