Steven Unthank: What do we really know?

by SweetBabyCheezits 503 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Unkind, slimboy. Unthank has stuck his neck out for the good of all. His judgment may not be the best on some things, but he is well intentioned and has achieved much in drawing the attention of authorities to the WTS's contempt for the law.

• undercover
    undercover

We're all in this together....when it comes to our past in the JWs/WTS. Outside of that, we are not a collective, group, army, etc. We're individuals with different goals and dreams. We have one thing in common... our slavery to the WTS.

While we agree on a lot of what's wrong with the WTS, you're never going to get everyone to agree on anything else, including the different approaches in how to expose and fight the WTS...if one so chooses.

I hope you're right, Ms. Anderson. I hope everything is explained and cleared up. But until such a time, no one can blame those who call into question some of the statements and practices of those who attempt to represent ex-JWs. I'm a little surprised that you're playing the wounded party to this degree. I totally expected you to be more like OUTLAW....let's find the facts, let's get those answers and we'll deal with what we learn.

• NomadSoul
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Unkind, slimboy

I notice you say unkind rather than untrue.

As someone else said, Unthank is probably stupid at best, malicious at worst, a natural bedfellow of Fearon.

I honestly can't understand why Barbara Anderson involved herself with either of them. At least she could acknowledge the mistake and move on.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Seems to me that people just want facts and not lies....perfectly understandable considering all the lies the watchtower has told.

This is a very healthy response IMO, truth is truth. I should stand up to scrutiny. Why get upset that things are questioned if they are true?

I would be more concerned if no one questioned anything and continued to follow like sheep.

To Barabara & Mr Unthank, you guys do great work, but if you put yourselves in the public eye you will be questioned. Would you really want it any other way. Would you like people to just follow you and what you say blindly?

If things are closely looked at and come out 100% true, doesn't that give you more credibility in the long run.

Something seems to not add up with this case...people simply want to know why this was the end result. Sounds reasonable to me.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Acknowledge the mistake? For supporting someone who wanted to carry on a fight when the state wouldn't?

Barbara is not accountable for everything Steven does. She supports his campaign and thinks he's a pretty courageous guy. So do I. Do I agree with everything he says or does? No.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Barbara... I love you... and I'm not the only here who does...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well what this is done for me. I'm just going to ignore the threads that speak of new alligations, changes from within, whatever. It's all wishful thinking about an organization that apparently is going to be around to harm individuals for some time. Just like other cults. Apparently because I have an opinion I am now either a WT plant, or calling Barbara the enemy.

If and when the WT suffers some sort of public embarressment, it won't be the result of any self declared doer of good who uses sensationalism as part of their discovery of truth.

• Timothy Riches
    Timothy Riches

Believe me, I get that skepticism is a good thing. I'm reminded of a quote from Richard Dawkins:

"It's worth recalling that Doubting Thomas, the Parton Saint of Scientists, was criticized for demanding evidence for the resurrection of Jesus. The other disciples were explicitly praised for accepting an alleged fact on faith in the absence of evidence."

I have also used hyperbole here. I was only commenting on the perception I had that the case itself was being questioned. It has been demonstrated to my satisfaction that a case was filed and prosecuted. Apologies if it seemed I was too broad in my condemnation of other commenters. Skepticism is always justified, but let's not make any unwarranted leaps.

• darthfader
    darthfader

.... Wow....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit