"Get out of the bleachers and into the game"... Memorial 2012 demonstration.

by koolaid-man 182 Replies latest jw friends

• Rydor
    Rydor

I am fully aware that a handful of the Internet therapists who post on this forum will not agree with this method of unmasking The Watchtower.

Those intolerant, contemptuous critics who will comment on this thread making harsh judgements and finding fault with those who protest are perhaps deep-down wishing they had the backbone to stop hiding in cyber-space, step away from their computer and "get out of the bleachers and into the game"

Nice ad hominem there.

Have you read Steve Hassan's "Combatting Cult Mind Control"? Direct attack methods are almost completely useless when dealing with cult members. I encountered protesting apostates a couple of times when I was in, and each time they came off as bitter raving lunatics. If anything, the perceived persecution only reinforced my belief that I was in the true religion.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Go *** yourself, KoolAid Nut

Seconded

• undercover
    undercover

...you easily end up looking like the Westboro baptist nuts.

Excellent point.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I don't know any who left the wt because of talking to protesters or reading banners.
    I only remember protesters at conventions. As children, we were not allowed to look at them. I was scared of them. What added to my fear was that they were yelling and looked like crazy people.

The reason I left was because of being disturbed about things happening inside the congregation and the way they got handled by the elders.
    Not going to the meetings was the best medicine. After a short while I lost my fear of the elders, there was no peer-pressure from the congregation and the realisation that I had no true friends at the hall. Eventually I came to my own conclusions without reading any apostate literature.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    I don't know any who left the wt because of talking to protesters or reading banners.
    I only remember protesters at conventions. As children, we were not allowed to look at them. I was scared of them. What added to my fear was that they were yelling and looked like crazy people.

The reason I left was because of being disturbed about things happening inside the congregation and the way they got handled by the elders.
    Not going to the meetings was the best medicine. After a short while I lost my fear of the elders, there was no peer-pressure from the congregation and the realisation that I had no true friends at the hall. Eventually I came to my own conclusions without reading any apostate literature.

I'll second that, freetosee!

V665V665

• Londo111
    Londo111

I remember visiting Brooklyn Bethel in 1990. There were blocks of protestors…I remember one irate man with a sign frothing at a cop, telling him to arrest Fred Franz and the cop giving him a You-Idiot-Lunatic look. They seemed crazy, angry, creepy--everything the Society said they would be. The protests affirmed my belief that the Society had the "Truth". And the Bethelites thought so too--they were irritants, especially to the ones who slept during the day. In the following days, the one lone protestor I saw, Mr. Coffee, seemed cut from the same cloth.

Protesting the Memorial is counterproductive on so many levels. First, even if you could get the Governing Body's attention, would they care? They don't listen to sincere petitions from the loyal rank-and-file, why would they listen to protestors? Second, one would mainly be protesting the rank-and-file, who for the most part, are the victims. Suppose a School Superintendent promulgates abusive school policies, would you protest on the school playground during recess? Third, for the most part, these rank and file are going to the Memorial in an effort to honor God's Son and his sacrifice and view it as the holiest day of the year. Protestors getting in the way of that could seem like protesting the very reason for the Memorial itself, therefore anti-Christ.

These are the tactics of Rutherford…they did not win hearts and minds. They only alienated people and got his radio show kicked off many stations. Why bear the image of the Judge?

It was said about Jesus:"He will not wrangle, nor cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the broad ways. No bruised reed will he crush, and no smoldering flaxenwick will he extinguish."

This is how Jesus won people over.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Rick,

Have you considered doing demonstrations at JW funerals. That might work just as good as the memorial.

We can use about 100 of those protest banners, please send them to;

Kingdom Hall-Jehovah Witnesses

19660 Moenart St, Detroit , MI 48234

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Does anyone know which Kingdom Hall Rick plans to protest at? I'd certainly forewarn the elders and suggest they contact the police for advice on preventing a public order offence. Maybe even advise the cong' to get legal counsel and consider serving Rick with a notice to Cease and Desist.

• Miles3
    Miles3

Who are you koolaid-man? You sound exactly like the typical elder... if you are still an active Witness like you sound, what are you doing on this forum? Not that you shouldn't, hopefully you don't just start hateful threads but stay and read a bit, that way you might discover the truth about the WT you worship so much... and eventually turn back into a decent human being.

There is hope for everyone koolaid-man, so don't give up on yourself. Some of us where like you when we were still in the organisation.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Silly Person loves protesters...This Thread is a Success!..

Look at all the people on this thread who came to protest Silly Person!

Silly Person..

(Doesn`t deserve a name)

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit