I believe God

by N.drew 228 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Twitch
    Twitch

N.Drew

Back to where we left off, as I posted earlier;

"You must be holy because I am holy". All the other gods say nothing at all. What do the other gods say Twitch?

Did god or men who hear god write the bible?

The Bible is words. A person can know the True God without the Bible
    So then the words are for reinforcing the premise.
    I think I did not say they believe a lie. They believe what truth appears to them to be.

You differentiated between real believers and idol worshippers, namely, believers who worship idols and thus false gods. You made the distinction on what is true or real and what is not, in terms of who follows god.

But if the christian god is the only true god, how can they have truth if they don't believe in Him?

Believers in the True God seek to discover what truth is. "You will know the truth and the truth will set you free" "keep seeking keep knocking keep asking" "Happy are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness".

Do you think other faiths don't seek the same thing?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Some of this (God) question can be honestly answered by acknowledging why and where the roots of theism began.

Thousands of years of human ignorance of the world the ancients lived, had to accumulate toward something.

Theism offered an answer to the many unknowns as well made a direct meaningful connection to these deities, similar to the

way human relationships are fostered upon, father, son, mother and so on. The father of course being the most powerful and wise

and sons playing the part as secondary roles to the father. A few thousands years of this kind of idealogical concept created many

supportive stories established toward this relationship arrangement. Some of these are obviously documented in the bible.

Just because there were no written transcripts of theses types of relationships from other cultures doesn't mean they didn't exist, they did.

Many of these ancient cultures were structured around a relationship with various worshiped deities, until that culture was over taken by another,

as history shows.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

ndrew said

Maybe. But it depends on what you are searching for. If you are searching for love, you might find sex. If you are searching for reason you might find cofty. If you are searching for purpose you might find a stray, or an orphan. If you are searching for righteousness, then yes, you are a believer!

YES

and righteousness is responsibilty according to you ndrew?

• Twitch
    Twitch
    LOL she doesn't mince her words Twitch!!!

;)

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes, I think other religious faiths do not seek righteousness. There is one God the Father. Then everyone who would seek and find the Father are brothers and sisters. It is important that we treat our brothers and sisters fairly. It is important to recognize who are brothers and sisters are. What family do you know that is healthy but ignores some family members?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    and righteousness is responsibilty according to you ndrew?

Yes, but more than responsibility toward flesh. It has to include responsibility toward spirit especially.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

ndrew, honestly I don't know any earthly family that is healthy to that extent

• N.drew
    N.drew

Sowing with a view to the spirit is the goal. It is difficult to do. It is the reason we need a helper.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

Yes, but more than responsibility toward flesh. It has to include responsibility toward spirit especially.

okay I agree with this

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

Sowing with a view to the spirit is the goal. It is difficult to do. It is the reason we need a helper.

as a matter of interest what is the helper? holy spirit. well then what is holy spirit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit