I believe God

by N.drew 228 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Twitch
    Twitch
    most faiths seem content to put their masses to sleep

Funny, not according to the people of other beliefs I've talked to. Awakening, enlightenment, serenity, self realization are words used by them. Not having experienced what they have, who am I to say they're wrong?

(I'm going to include nihilistic atheisim in htis too)-

Some might have issue with combining theism/atheism in the same generalization but I don't mind. The subject is however, belief in god and how or why one faith trumps another, in response to ND's assertion that non-christian believers are idol worshippers.

this has been true in the past and is true today too - in the sense that they are focused on earthly unity and peace the kind that tends toward irresponsibility. Generally a few elite ones are active

I don't think it's irresponsible to focus on unity and peace on earth. We should all be more active, responsible and say our part IMO ;)

But in reference to your point, I understand it to be that the masses are placated by the ruling religious elite who are more focused on political issues than cultivating true spirituality in their members. Is that about right?

• smiddy
    smiddy

The only reason you or anybody else beleives in GOD is because of what you have been told by some human being ,whether it is your mom, your father, or someone else in your family,or your freinds ,or even a stranger,my point is, the only way you have ever learnt anything about GOD is from another human being,not from God himself, or an Angel or any other superhuman being. So GOD has not told you anything, you are relying entirely on what humans say GOD said ,not only that, but you are relying on what humans say is the written word of GOD.

THEIR IS NO CLEAR PROOF OF GOD HAVING EVER SAID ANYTHING TO HUMANKIND it is all supposedly said by humans

Quote " Do not put your trust in Knobles or the son of man whom no salvation belongs"

smiddy

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

twitch

But in reference to your point, I understand it to be that the masses are placatd by the ruling religious elite who are more focused on political issues than cultivating true spirituality in their members. Is that about right?

true spirituality if we are going to say is to do with responsibility and the will and with power then we are talking political. so no that is not what I mean twitch.

btw I did not say that it is irresponsible to focus on unity and peace on earth.

• Twitch
    Twitch

pls clarify, if you will

• tec
    tec

THEIR IS NO CLEAR PROOF OF GOD HAVING EVER SAID ANYTHING TO HUMANKIND it is all supposedly said by humans

Unless of course God (or His Son) has said something to you. Then you might have more cause to believe that He has done so for others in the past.

Peace,

Tammy

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

twitch

pls clarify, if you will

hmm...a voice in my ear, one of the voices of wisdom, warns that you may be wanting to put me in a hole - do you?

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes Twitch has a hole for me and whoever. I have seen it. I think maybe the spirit showed it to me.

The difference between the faith of the many and the faith of the few is how we demonstrate our faith, knowledge, understanding and energy. Most of the faiths that I know about are for the believer personally. They view their faith as their own for their own enlightenment, enjoyment, and/or satisfaction. The one faith that Christians practice is for their brother, not their self.

Is Christainity or let's call it The Oneness (for our distant friends) also enlightenment, enjoyment and satisfaction for the believer? Of course! If it wasn't it wouldn't be better! But it's first for the others who would believe and do believe.

How can it be for an unbeliever? That is your own hole that you have dug for your own self dear twitch. What hole you may ask? Because you will. Try to explain why an unbeliever should share the one ness. It doesn't make sense. You may try to make sense of it for us, please! Please do!

• N.drew
    N.drew

Funny! It is what the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society are after. The "oneness". But it is not oneness with each other (like the society is for) it is oneness for each other. I think there is a world of difference between with and for, don't you?

• Twitch
    Twitch
    hmm...a voice in my ear, one of the voices of wisdom, warns that you may be wanting to put me in a hole - do you?

you replied to a statement of mine. I responded to it but apparently misunderstood your meaning which I asked you to clarify so that we can continue a discussion. Does putting you in a hole mean categorizing you as a christian? Is that not what you are?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

N.drew, you are entitled to believe as you wish, but I really don't understand you.

Ok, so you believe in God (particularly YWHW) and Jesus Christ. Well, besides the infallible Holy Spirit you keep mentioning that guides you, where else do you learn from about these individuals? Mostly the Bible. But, you now go a step further and say the whole Bible ain't the real deal. So now your picking what seems right, you are making the Bible your sock puppet, as Cofty stated in another thread.

You are making out God and Jesus to be the nice friends you would like them to be. Compare with the reality we face in the world.

Also, you keep bashing humans that say they have achieved enlightenment, yet continue to war or allow wars. The fact is, there is nothing humanity can do to achieve total peace and tranquility. You really should study history a bit more. Sometimes wars are fought for such simple things as resources, y'know the stuff that keeps humans alive?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit