Whats the dumbest thing you were counselled for?

by Beck_Melbourne 116 Replies latest jw friends

• kenny2
    kenny2

OK OK I really even hate to bring this up.

Does anyone remember the "leisure suits" of the 70's? I was strongly counciled on the "appropriate" attire for the meetings and had to quit wearing them. But it turned out to be a good thing after all, not wearing them that is.

Kenny

• SUSCARRA
    SUSCARRA

My hubby & I went to Tahiti (95). My husband had just jumped in the water, I was still on the beach ( still had my swimsuit cover on) a man was hiding in the bushes, making noises so I turned around and he was exposing himself & masturbating. I screamed, the security came over, the guy ran off. End of story.

Everyone knew this story, even the Co. Later, 2 1/2 years later, when my hubby is no longer an elder, TWO elders come by to find out the real 'TRUTH'. You could have run a semi in my mouth. They had concerns over the situation. Their concerns were, what exactly was I doing to make this poor innocent man do what he did. I lost it, my hubby wanted to know who & why were there concerns. They had to keep the congregation clean. They were concerned because we always WENT ON RISQUE vacations. I was a victim of some sicko, and they tried to make me come forward with some secret sin.
    I was even told by one elders wife ( overweight, fat pig) that becuse of the way I looked maybe I shouldn't wear bathing suits AT ALL. She said I looked like something in ONE OF THOSE MAGAZINES. What the hell did she think she looked like in one. I couldn't belive it. She said, that she and a few other sisters had watched how not only men looked at me, but also women would to. Folks, I told her that I didn't spend my time seeing who was looking at me,I spent most of my time looking after my kids and theirs, since they were too busy watching me. I was really hurt, then pissed. I called my elders then and told them that I would wear anything I wanted and that I was offeded by them with all their fat hanging out of their suits & that they should be more careful while laying on their stomanches & elbows that all you see is their ugly, gross, overstretched sows teats dangling. OHHHHHHHHHHH...that stopped it right there. I told them I would make pictures and send them to the SOCIETY, CO and that I wanted a Meeting with the sisters involved and we were all to wear the swimsuits that we wore on that one day. They refused. They were offended that I was so upset.

Then, I was later TOLD (not asked) that they were aware that my husband was giving me illegal perscription drugs. I was very small & had a figure all my life. I thought they were just as sick as the Tahiti Pervert.

They did so much of this, that I can't remember them all.

Oh, Yeah, the new PO told me to get out of OUR post office box, because the elder body decided they wanted to keep the congr. mail coming there. I refused to co-operate again. Yes, I became the SISTER-FROM-HELL. Did I back down on any of this. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...I did not. Did I eventually get DFD..........YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Any and everything we had ever done was now in question, they wanted us gone and we are.

SUSCARRA

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

This actually happened to my brother.

He shaves his head. You know that Michael Jorden look. The brothers actually told him that if he wanted any privileges,he would have to stop shaving his head like the world. One minute long hair is being part of the world. The next minute no hair is part of the world. How do you win??

diamond

• LDH
    LDH

by two elders for "always trying to be funny".

I said, "I'm not *trying* to be funny, I *am* funny."

That did not go over well.

Lisa
    Wise Ass Class

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

I was always being counseled for not keeping my kids quiet enough. I was NOT one of those mothers that spanked her kids for not being quiet during the meetings. And I think that pissed the elders off.

I was also told by this one fat-ass elders wife that I shouldn't bring dolls for my 1 yr. old daughter to play with, I should bring theocratic books for her to look at. I told her that my daughter wasn't interested in looking at those books. I wish I would have told her off.

Shimmer

A sobering thought: what if, right at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?------------Jane Wagner

• pamkw
    pamkw

My sister and some other girls were dragged before the elders for talking to boys at an assembly (they were about 16). They were all in a group over lunch just talking. The boys' mother didn't think they girls should talk to her sons. She thought her sons were too good to talk to those girls.

Never could figure out what harm talking in public could do. Those boys grew up to be real winners. One molests children, the other sells drugs.

Pam

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Loved all the experiences....felt like crying for the sad ones...and laughed my head off with the funny ones...we've been thru a lot...but hey...we're here...we're better off!

The sad thing is...these so called 'loving shepherds' are STILL discouraging unsuspecting sheeplike ones...other youths growing up in the borg...or newly interested ones....or just the flock in general. Maybe their flock will decrease and ours will increase...here's hoping.

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

An elder once told me that I must call him every-
    time I had the urge to jack off.
    I'm clad I never called him, because I would have
    been on the phone with him daily.

I now think he was a perve...

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

... and this was at Bethel.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

hmmmm.....

Loud muffler.
    Music.
    Hair too short.
    A couple of years later, hair too long. (They should see it now!)
    Talking about cars in field service.
    Talking to a 25 year old single non-jw woman outside the kh alone when I was 17. (Ok dad NOW I understand!)
    Laughing at people's verbal flubs at meetings. My dad finally quit letting me sit next to my mom, since she laughed too and we would make each other laugh even more.
    "being different". Still scratching my head over that one.

whatever...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit