Whats the dumbest thing you were counselled for?

by Beck_Melbourne 116 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

<-----bends over and winces

Hey troof, I think I probably got counciled for that too

• jst_me
    jst_me

I was very sick when I was pregnant with my first baby. They took out my appendix when I was 6 months pregnant, then I was in hospital with a kidney infection at 8 months and even passed 2 kidney stones!! Well, while I was pregnant I put my head down on my (ex)hubbys shoulder and was counseled by some older sisters that wasn't respectful or something.

We were both pioneers when I got pregnant (kept having pains in my right side after we got married, stayed on antibiotics for three months straight...no one told me that would interfere with my birth control pills! And then the pain turned out to be the appendix DOH!). Anyways, got counseled for getting pregnant so quickly.

Constantly counseled for not being submissive (ex is manic and schitzophrenic...both of us couldnt be submissive!)

Not going downstairs where it was hot (no a.c. in an island nation) to nurse my babies. I too left my (ex)hubby at the KH in a rather loud fasion when I was told I had to go into the bathroom...where there was not even a chair to nurse....stupid people.

For saying "man" too much in the 70s when I was about 9.

Working on a navy base, at a McDonalds no less that was not operated by the Navy, when I was an American citizen living in a forein country, and that was the best paying job I could get.

Acting too American while I lived in the above mentioned foreign country.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

what a great thread ! thanks Beck_Melbourne

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hi truth seeker.

I think you miss read my post. It was I who said the AND was superfluous. The dub elder is the one who said the AND is needed to be correct.

Outoftheorg

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

No, I agree with you. The AND is not needed, it is even incorrect. Him demanding that it has to be there was wrong.

Sorry for the miscommunication

• mamashel
    mamashel

I was coucelled for having my fingernails too long. They said it was distracting to those in the door to door activity at the door. They were ( and still are long and beautiful). Hey, i pay alot of money to have them done, so no one was going to tell me i couldnt. hehehe

Also was councelled for having an earring in the high part of my ear, where the cartlidge is.

They would have really freaked over my nose piercing, LOL

Shelley

• SYN
    SYN

Things I Received Counsel For (Part One):

• Tapping my feet against the back of an Elderette's chair. If looks could screw, then that one would have impregnated me with triplets.
    • Dying my hair blonde. Should have seen the faces on the people in the Hall when I walked in with WHITE hair for the first time, and it was a packed Public Talk to top it off! OOOH! That was probably the most nervous and also exhilarating experience of my entire short life so far, apart from watching the Anna Nicole Smith show!
    • Going to worldly house parties. The horror! You'd've sworn I'd done a Satanic Ritual with candles and a pentagram on the Kingdom Hall's LAWN!
    • Asking questions during the Book Study that the conductor was unable to answer.
    • Using the Bible too much in my answers during the Watchtower. (How's that for bad?)

There were so MANY petty little things, I can't even remember half of them anymore. *sigh* That's probably a good thing.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I know a sister who was counselled for praying!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I do not believe we have exhausted this thread yet...how many of you have actually read each and every post?? I know I have...I need a life! LOL

If looks could screw, then that one would have impregnated me with triplets.

That's funny, I'm going to borrow that with your permission

Beck

• Dia
    Dia

How often were we forced, intimidated, counselled to pretend to be, no actually to BE dumber than we were, to dumb ourselves down to the level of the idiot who was over us - by their authority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit