Whats the dumbest thing you were counselled for?

by Beck_Melbourne 116 Replies latest jw friends

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Mmmm I was constantly being counselled out of love of course! Here are my top five:

5) Being told by the elders I was wrong to expose myself to demons by seeing the Tom Hanks movie "Big" as it involved magic!

4) Owning a Barbara Streisand record (I'm gay for god's sake! it's a MUST own cd to maintain your membership card to the club!)

3) Wearing a *shock horror* floral tie to a bookstudy!

2) Being fourteen and going to see an Ice Show that happened to feature a Michael Jackson song. I was told I should have walked out at that point!!

1) Being counselled while at Bethel for befriending some married couples as it was obvious where it would lead... to me having sex with the sisters... what I wanted to point out to them was these sisters were in fact (unbeknown to them at the time) Fag Hags! Divine justice was the married Bethel Elder who counselled me for this was asked to leave Bethel 2 weeks later after being caught snogging (french kissing) and groping another married sister on his window making team!! Well done Greg, I salute you for your lack of hipocrasy!

.... um I have loads of these types of stories... should I start outing them? I have a list of MS's and Elders who did naughty things to me and with me... wanna know who they are and what they did???!!!
    Perhaps I should just email Bethel with the list and see what happens!!

Britty xx

Get Ye behind me Satan... and push harder!!

• zev
    zev

oh the memories!

i was councelled for...

1) the length of my mustache
    2) the length of my hair
    3) selling and smoking pot
    4) not wanting to step up and be a m.s. again
    5) my choices of music

and if you knew me, i was a perfect example of a jw drone, so all but number three was ridiculous. number 3 was however true, but i dodged the bullet with that one

edited to add:
    6) being councelled by "a sister" for never wearing a jacket in the summer. (i flat refused to wear them, and everyone knew it)
    7) being coucelled "let us know when your ready to come back" because i grew my beard for a couple weeks. the coucellor, was another "sister". some nerve.

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I was once counseled indirectly (the elder asked my sister to talk to me, for christ's sake!) about wearing a see-through blouse for a part on the ministry school. I wore it coz I had a crush on a certain brother and wanted to turn him on.

Another time, my cousin and I babysat a group of witness kids so the parents could go out and get smashed. While sitting for them, the kids turned out the lights and told (very tame) ghost stories. Next day, the parents were all in an uproar about the 'seance' we had held! LOLOL

Dana

• Rummy1
    Rummy1

I was counselled for wearing black joggers with the name "PUMA"emblazoned on one leg at pre-assembly drama practice!I was told that no worldly slogans should be seen at assembly grounds regardless whether it was cleaning or what.
    Also been counselled for doing street witnessing in someone elses territory (it would otherwise NEVER have been covered by local cong)

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

For not wearing ties, mostly.

I was counseled because I wouldn't let my father beat me.

I was also counseled for not smiling enough during my talks-blech.

ashi

• Scully
    Scully

Smoldering Wick writes:

I lived behind the kingdom hall in a trailer. Seemed to me the back of the hall was the perfect place to practice my tennis swing. Turns out a couple of my balls got stuck in the rain gutter and caused a slushy/muddy/leafy mess on the roof. The elders not only counseled me about my balls...but, there was a local needs part on the subject. I was so humiliated cuz everyone knew those balls were mine.

Well, at least you have proof that you have balls. That's more than what the elders can say about themselves.

Love, Scully

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Let's see, my application to regular pioneer was turned down in 1969 because I listened to Beatles music and read comic books.

A few years later, all my "privileges" were taken away without notice for six months because a brother saw me reading a copy of National Lampoon. The elders never approached me about it, not even to confirm whether what the brother had told them was true, I just noticed that I wasn't being used for prayers and as a reader anymore, and finally I approached one of the elders to ask why.

Then a few years after that, my roommate took some of my Conan the Barbarian comics and showed them to the elders, and my application to temporary pioneer was turned down (even though in the interim between the two refusals, I had temporary pioneered numerous times, and also been a regular pioneer and a MS).

Then there was the time I was accused of "advocating oral sex" because I understood the 2/15/78 Watchtower QFR to mean that it was a conscience matter, but that's a whole 'nother story...

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• freeman
    freeman

I was counseled that my beard had to go because “Christen men don’t wear beards”. I should have ran, I was not even baptized then.

I was counseled that I had to give up an engineering job with a defense contractor because it supported the war effort and “Christians did not do that sort of thing”. I gave that job up and did everything from office cleaning to TV-fix-it man work at much less pay.

I was counseled for seeing an R rated movie, “Blue Lagoon”. The two MS that were with me caught even more flack “because they should have known better”.

When I got the opportunity to work as a highly paid consultant for NASA. One Elder counseled me because, as he put it, “I heard your new job had a connection with high energy physics, and that kind of stuff is hydrogen bomb related isn’t it?” I assured him it wasn’t, it was only pure science.

The fact that this ‘home-schooled’ dub even knew there could be some relationship between bomb building and physics made me think that he must have went to a library just to check up on the type of work I was doing. Unbelievable!

Looking back, I really think there was a bit of resentment going on in their heads, I think these guys were actually jealous.

A few months later came the next and final wise counsel. This time it came in the form of an ultimatum. Because I had to travel quite a bit, I missed some meetings. They told me point blank, I had to make a choice, the meetings or NASA.

So there it was, laid out before me. Yes I was stupid and gullible enough to let them screw me out of my engineering job but I wasn’t about to let them screw me out of my new consulting job. So I made the choice to support my family the best way I knew how, and I’ve never felt one bit of regret since.

I would say it was there idiotic counsel that was responsible for putting me on the road to finding out the truth about the truth. Truly wise counsel indeed.

Freeman

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am a lot older than you all- I was counselled to "not run ahead of Jehovah"Why? The younger sisters looked up to me as a "spiritual Mum"
    Some of their husband were demanding oral sex....( they were not JWS)
    I advised the women- That iT was really between her & husband what they did in their beds.Many of the sisters had approached me on this subject...One of them went back & told the Overseer. He told me-
    We have not had permission for women to give advice ,I was running ahead of Jehovah....When it came out years later in "Questions from Readers" about oral sex....I told the brother...He told them a differant answer than I....( Jehavah) a no-no

• TR
    TR

long hair.

TR

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit