Whats the dumbest thing you were counselled for?

by Beck_Melbourne 116 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

crossing my legs

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Zechariah

Wow, this is a very old thread LOL.

I don't know about anyone else, but I recall being told that we have to turn off the video recorder during the prayers...we used to video take get togethers also...I sometimes watch them and have a weep. But this must have been a widely practiced thing, turning off the recorder during prayers I mean.

I have to admit, that if ANY brother or sister were to pull me aside to counsel me, I always held a grudge against them from that day on...not only did I lose respect for them, but I strongly disliked them for years to come...AND...every opportunity I could get I would tell anyone and everyone about how they had slighted me LOL.

Plum: Honey, they should only counsel gals who DON'T cross their legs Maybe it was the wrap over skirt that used to fall back every time you crossed your legs. I have one of those...ask Refiners about it sometime hehe.

Beck

• minimus
    minimus

playing chess.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    playing chess

????????

During the meeting??

Naked at the bookstudy group??

• minimus
    minimus

Beck, chess is a terrible war game. An Awake said some very negative stuff about it,so I concentrated on watching more boxing.

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

I was counceled weak on timeing for a 5 minute talk. I was 1 second overtime. The TM conductor Ward (wardo) Osman looked like Colonel Klinc.

• myself
    myself

When I rode with my fiance alone <gasp> to a booksucky meeting ( I had no other way to attend) an elder cautioned us on not riding alone together like this and then warned us not to stop for ice cream because ice cream can lead to other things

Myself

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    and then warned us not to stop for ice cream because ice cream can lead to other things

especially when you smear it all over each other

• rocky220
    rocky220

Going out disco dancing and coming home at wee hours of the morning......mind you i wasnt even going to KH at the time....i was fading out, but dear mom used the elders to "put me in line".

did'nt work though..................rocky220....the "wicked one".

• freeman
    freeman

The dumbest thing I was ever counseled for was meeting attendance, and that was back in 1987. At the time I was missing a few meetings now and then because I had to fly quite a bit. I was told that I had to make a choice between regular meeting attendance and a very high paying consulting contract with NASA. This was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me that was paying off all my bills and would end in just another month.

Thankfully I had the good sense to listen to wise counsel of these Elders and decide on a correct course of action for my family and me.

I havent been to a meeting in years and these Elders are still busting their backs cleaning houses and washing windows for peanuts while I surf the net most of the day and get paid a six-figure salary.

I cant thank these two Elders enough!

Freeman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit