Whats the dumbest thing you were counselled for?

by Beck_Melbourne 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Dia
    Dia

LOL

These posts brought back so many memories.

Our childhoods were destroyed by 'trivia'!!!

Evil, endless, power-hungry, abusive TRIVIA!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My vocabulary. No, not cursing... just a very good vocabulary. People were somehow intimidated by it. ???

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

The dumbest counsel?

Believe it or not I was counseled on the way i pronounced 144000.

I pronounced it one hundred forty four thousand. The tm elder "about the dumbest dope I know of" made a big issue out of it. He told the audience it is to be pronounced one hundred AND forty four thousand. I was taught in school that the AND was redundant and unnecessary.

From then on I made an effort to say only one hundred forty four thousand without the AND while looking right at this elder.

He didn't like me. Wonder why?

Outoftheorg

• Dia
    Dia

...and then there's this HORRENDOUS evil shit that takes place in their midst and they are completely blind to it. Absolutely crippled into inaction. Desparately clinging to their blindness and inaction until they can scapegoat someone for their own relief.

Anyone and anyhow, no matter how blatantly wrong or evil their decisions might be.

Shame, shame, shame, shame, shame....

• RandomTask
    RandomTask
    warned us not to stop for ice cream because ice cream can lead to other things

Typical scene:

oops, I dripped a little ice cream on your...

{mad lovemaking}

Actually the one thing I remember being counseled for was seeing a rated R movie. I was pissed at my friend because he had this conscience thing where he was so nervous and couldn't sleep because he may have thought about a girl in an "improper way". Anyway, he went to the movie too and I just know he told his elder dad. He was the kind of guy who collected swords and BB guns and shot at birds out of his sliding glass door and then felt bad about it later. It was one of the stupidest movies I'd ever seen too, "An American Warewolf in Paris"

It was just one of those "shake your head" situations, sigh.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Having sex before marriage....Was the only thing I was officially counselled for. Oh, looking up apostate info too.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

regarding the and in 144k, I was taught that putting the and there was wrong. It was ok in money do deliminate between dollars and cents. Had a math teacher make a big stink about it. He always said there is no AND in numbers. two hundred fifty two, not two hundred and fifty two. Was this guy a math teacher or just a dub who thinks his way is right?

Oh, I remember getting counselled after a book study because I corrected the BS conductor. It was in the greatest man book discussing eclipse. He was asking what the difference between a lunar eclipse and a solar eclipse. I answered because nobody else knew. He said I was wrong and said his answer, but after that I raised my hand and said we just studied that in astronomy and I was pretty confident I was right. I explained it a little further and he thanked me. After meeting, he asked me not to do that anymore....LOL

I guess its about image, not giving out correct information.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Saying the word "sucks"

Cutting my hair too short

Wearing Converse Chuck Tailor shoes on a Kingdomhall build

Kissing my Fiancee at a JW gathering

Bringing a King James Bible to the meeting

Going to the bathroom too much during the meeting

Taking my dirty car out in service

Waving threw the sunroof of my friends car in the parking lot leaving meeting

Taking my English friends to visit Vegas with the PO of another hall and his Pioneer wife

When I was 15, going down to boogie board in the water after dark with 5 brothers my age, during a JW beach party. I was in the back room crying my eyes out over that one.

Getting a part-time job at 17 at a radio-station. I was told I shouldn't pursue anything in the entertainment industry. And since I helped the DJ with skits I would be on-air almost everynight I opened myself up to bad association. They felt a joke that was made about Thigh-Masters was inappropriate, and I was privately reproved

Riding the "slig shot" ride at an amusement park

Beating my older sister with a remote control (okay maybe i deserved it) but she deserved it

Letting my nephew eat candy from a pinata

Reving my engine too loud in the parking lot

Doing my Senior Thesis on The Catcher in the Rye

Being the the school play

Dying my hair

Having a Surf sticker on my car. Having a girl in a bikini on my antena

Wearing a sports bra top while sleeping on the couch with my JW male cousin

Being too affectionate with my male cousin at an assembly. We didn't look alike and people may not know we were cousins

Wearing a jean skirt

Getting a Tattoo

Going to a strip club

Giving my best friend since birth, a baby shower, she's DF'd

<------was a bad little JW

Edited by - CHEVYSNTATS on 11 September 2002 13:49:10

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

"Another one I really thing is hilarious now is the time they were trying to convince me that one of my friends was a bad influence because he had a goatee and tatoos. They showed me the scripture that says you're not supposed to get tatoos. What they left out was the scripture right before that one that says don't shave your beard. Assholes."

This was exactly the same point I used when I got counciled for my tattoo. Well needless to say, the next meeting was for Apostasy

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Chevy, your a bad girl...Come here and get a spankin!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit