Any actual Witnesses here?

by trthskr 236 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

This forum is owned by Simon Green, when it was started it and he was pro JW, then he learned the truth about the cult and the forum became predominantly exJW - exposing the lies and hypocrisy of the Watch Tower and it;s dispicable leadership.

• N.drew
    N.drew

And what if they were a channel? What if the only lesson they"came" to teach is this; if your conscious says "NO" you need not do it. Some people don't want to go to war, but are induced. Some people don't love Man's traditions. OK then take a stand and don't participate. Mankind's many societies can be very much like The Society in that it compels persons to join activities that are not what they believe.

Lesson learned I'm sure. Watchtower, you have graduated, now go get a real job.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

The Liar said: AGuest, the website is Jehovah's-witness.net. Not ex jehovah'switness, disfellowhippedwitness, antiwitness, etc. You have made it into an anti-Witness forum because you didn't have the respect to let them have their own forum or even topics on this one. I'll start my own JW forum and be the mod and admin and just delete anyone's account who would spread their hate and lies.

So, you're going to start your own site huh? And we won't be allowed on there? But you can come on here anytime?

You're not only a liar but a douche as well.

• trthskr
    trthskr

That's it. try to turn it on me like I'm the one being impolite and disrespectful. Sly and glib way to get support there bud.

If pro-Witnesses can't be accepted on this site, why couldn't they have their own? I'm a liar? I guess you don't know how simple it is to start a site.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    If pro-Witnesses can't be accepted on this site, why couldn't they have their own?

BECAUSE THEY WERE TOLD NOT TOO!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWkNV_e6h5U

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol silly little newbie..... U could START uich a site. But once found put the watchtower bible and tract society would ask you to take it down, as they have every other. The elders in your local congregation would get a letter and they would pull you in the back for a chat.

But of course you wont start a site. Thats no fun. You already could go to meeting and be a witness but you choose not to. You prefer to theow rocks at hornets nests here cause they are reacting to u....

Silly little guy.... Run aling home and tease your little sister or something

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Hi Trthskr,

Just as many others before, I am an actual Witness. I am still in, mostly for family reasons. I have paid my price in disappointments & emotional hardship, but I am not angry or bitter with individuals who want to defend the organization, or what they believe, it is just such a waste of time & energy in serving men and not God. God or his spirit is not present in most congregations, I could observe that myself over and over again. If you need some thought-provoking ideas, please read Shelby s (AGuest) contribution. I give you one of my own too.

One thing I found personally extremely disturbing about the organization, is the insertion of "Jehovah" in the Greek Scriptures in many places where this is absolutely incorrect. The classic explanation is that it comes from quotes from the Hebrew scriptures used by Paul, Luke etc. If you take it upon you to examine that claim, you will find that from the 200+ occasions where Jehovah is written in the Greek Scriptures in the NWT, on more than half of these, there is no quote of the Hebrew scriptures at ALL. In many occasions replacing Jehovah with the actual greek word ""Kyrios" reading this same scripture in its context would clearly show that "Jesus" is identified with this word. This did not happen by accident or mistake, but it is an intentional changing of what the bible says. Interesting to know they are always accusing others from doing just that, being guilty themselves. what God thinks about that you can read in Rev 22:18, 19

Concerning this subject, I heard that on the new 5 day elders school, elders are taught that the use of Jehovah in the greek scriptures come from Hebrew versions (translations) of the Greek Scriptures. Interesting idea to explore too. As you certainly know, there are many old Greek Manuscripts found from the Greek scriptures, some dating back to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th century. In all these 1000s of manuscripts there is not one single occurrence of Jehovah or the Tetragrammaton, not even one. On the other hand, the hebrew translations are all from 13th, 15 or 18th century, so way younger. You find the list and years in the Study Bible & Kindom Interlinear. And they are translations of the Greek Text where the name did not occur, not even once. They are not copies of a Hebrew original. If the Tetragrammaton appears in these Hebrew translations, then these are insertions, alterations of the original text, from Jews who had problems with some divine qualities of Jesus, which were explicitly stated in the Greek text. How reliable is a translation from a such an alterated bible?

What is more reliable, a Greek text from a few years after the original writings (dont forget many manuscripts are available), or a translation from at least a 1000 years later? It is obvious that the Greek text is more reliable. If one has an interpretation, this should be left on the side in a footnote or so, but not in a document that you call a translation.

Maybe you believe these changes are small and insignificant. They are not. The bible clearly states in more than one occasion: Salvation is alone through Jesus. If the organization would be teaching the truth, that is what you would read in its publications. But recent issues of the watchower have clearly stated that Salvation is through "obedience to the Faithful and Discreet Slave", drawing the attention and the reverence that should go to Jesus, away from him and to themselves. So in fact, whatever you do for or on behalf of Jehovahs Witnesses, you are serving an organization that is putting Gods True Savior in the shadow, and so you are working against God. mere numbers of active witnesses dont prove much, because the Mormons and 7th day adventists can show you similar numbers, unless you think they have Gods spirit too.

Maybe you think the writing comite or the governing body do not know this. Trust me they do. All this info is widely available since a long time, and many honesthearted ones have written to the society for explanation. Some of these letters and the replies of the Society are on the internet.

The Society wrote long time ago: "religion is a racket and a snare". With every issue of the Watchtower they prove that it is true. What will you do now? in Acts it is written that the noble-minded carefully examined the scripture. Please do so. So not take my words or the society s for face value, but examine in depth what I just wrote, and you will see. Have fun.

Hoffnung

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Pro-Witnesses are accepted on here. Just don't start shit if you don't want to be shouted down. It seems very simple to me.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

trthskr, if you are not interested in dialogue/debate, you can do yourself a favor and go to this website, http://www.jwtalk.net/about-us/

If you still wish to hang around, not everyone is here to debase/demean you for what you currently believe. Some people here are christian non-jw, some here are atheist, there is a lot of inbetween.

Right off the bat, I would like to show you what I believe to be a false statement you made.

If they don't like it they can leave. No one forces them to stay. -trthskr

A person that disassociates has left but, guess what, they have lost any chance of communication with their friends family in the organisation.

Such a simple statement as "no one forces them to stay", cannot begin to describe the reality of the situation. The worse part is that if it weren't for the Organisation's policy on treating disassociated individuals, no one would be in that horrible situation. You can have your religion, but it is the religion that is interfering in people's personal lives, with disastrous consequences.

So, why do so many "talk bad about the organisation, the GB, etc.?" Mainly because of the subsequent, unecessary shunning that follows leaving or expressing your own ideas/opinions. Until you experience first hand being shunned, you have no right to criticise or belittle us for our frustration with organisational policy, nor for pointing out the organisation's errors.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I leave out to do a few errands and come back to a party and truthseeker is being soundly spank for the brat that he (?) is!

Rock on people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit