Any actual Witnesses here?

by trthskr 236 Replies latest jw friends

• charlie brown jr.
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The brat can't help it. How more posts til he's done for the day? I got about 83 left.

• trthskr
    trthskr

Maybe I'll become a Baptist, and when the Rapture comes I'll leave my fleshly body and meet Jesus in the sky. Left Behind, right?

Or maybe I should become a part of a 'Megachurch" and give my support to Presidents and the military who kill, rather than God's Kingdom.

Nah. Then again, maybe I should beleive that the end of the world will come on 12/21/2012, like so many believe.

Intelligent dialogue got me nowhere on this board so now I'm just having fun.

I'm not a JW, I just read their stuff.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Talking more like a jw as you go along. No wonder some here are calling you a liar.

Soon you'll be done for the day and you can go back to pming folks.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

As for family, the only person I have in the organisation is my mother, and she was willing to put her "religion" over her son. She was willing to live on her own and leave me, when I had never even proposed such a thing. I was willing to live with her as long as we both didn't touch the subject of religion. The sole reason I am going back now? To maintain peace with her.

As far as the Catholics go, many are nominally so, not going to church etc. and so going against it does not affect members/ex-members detrimentally in family/friend relationships, in the majority of the cases. This is not so with the majority of the cases with JW's.

As for your "smart" little remark you just made, then you should become a JW and believe that God favors you over 99.9% of humanity, just so that you can own your own little parcel of land in Paradise with a pet lion built upon the cadavers of untold billions.

At least your catching on, all religions have a commonality about them. If you go a step further, you'll see the truth.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Intelligent dialogue got me nowhere on this board so now I'm just having fun.

seriously? That's what you're going with? Have you read anything? At all?

• trthskr
    trthskr

Yes, it's all been debunked or explained with Scripture. I'm like a broken record here...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Intelligent dialogue got me nowhere on this board so now I'm just having fun

Apologies again, but I don't see where you have actually engaged in "intelligent dialogue."

People are coming up with the same stuff that has been debunked or can be explained with Scripture.

It could be because the things you bring up have already been discussed so much here, dear. We maybe sometimes forget that, while this is old hat to us, it's NEW!!!!! to you. Forgive us.

I would really suggest to you, that you read some of the threads dealing with subjects that interest you. Yes, there's alot of "fluff" because some of us actually like each other...........but there's a wealth of information there.

Honestly, one of the best things I liked about this site when I joined was that no one could make a statement without 47 people asking for links to proof!!

If you don't want to use the SEARCH function, then please start a topic of your own.

What is your biggest beef with "apostates"?

Then just stick to that subject on that thread.

Keep looking! Keep knocking! Keep seeking!

Palm

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    Then again, maybe I should beleive that the end of the world will come on 12/21/2012, like so many believe. -trthskr

How is this any different from the failed predictions of the Watchtower?

Awake!1969 May 22 p.15
    "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!

Don't blame it on the local congregations. The Watchtower leaders promulgated this outrageous lie that many believed in. The local congregations merely enforced/taught what the Watchtower leaders taught.

• trthskr
    trthskr

Why? Because every JW knows this:

36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 38 For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; 39 and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned; 41 two women will be grinding at the hand mill: one will be taken along and the other be abandoned. 42 Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming.

Until tomorrow my friends...

Who's the troll here? If I really wanted to I'd just delete my site cookie and reboot my DSL modem and be issued a new IP address since it's dynamic, and create a new account with another e-mail address. Trolls took over this board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit