1 John 4:2

by N.drew 178 Replies latest watchtower bible

• N.drew
  • AGuest
    AGuest

Because God has the power to and does protect His Word.

Greetings, dear bob... and peace to you! In light of your statement, above, and explanation as to the meaning of 1 John 4:2, may I ask you to explain the following for us as well, if you would be so kind? Thank you!

1. Jeremiah 8:8 and the prophecy stated there;

2. Matthew 23:13-33... and, given the mention of the "scribes", whether such relates to that prophecy, and if not, what does that prophecy relate to;

3. John 1:1; 1:14; 17:17; 14:6; Hebrews 13:12; and Revelation 19:13;

4. Jeremiah 31:33, 34 and the prophecy there (in light of Psalm 1:2, and particularly as to where the law that is to be "read" would be written... and when... which I concede might require some explanation of at least Luke 22:20; 1 Corinthians 11:25; and Hebrews 8:7-13, if not others); and

5. 2 Corinthians 3:12-16 as to the reading of the Old Law ("Moses")?

I think you might also want to show everyone here where, in the Bible, it states that it is God's Word... that He protects it... that it can't be and hasn't been changed/altered/tampered with. I personally think these are very important issues and so your response will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you... and, again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Colossians 2:9 dwells bodily

1 Timothy 2:5 a man, Christ Jesus

Matthew 24:23-27

Revelation 1:7 every eye will see him

Romans 8:11 bodies

Luke 24:39 a spirit has not flesh and bones as I

Take God at his word. He is not a God of confusion, but of peace. Trust Him to tell us straight.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

In addition, not all understand the meaning of the words "God's Son". Obviously, since Jehovah's Witnesses do not.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In hIs letter, "John" was simply stating that those that do NOT proclaim that Jesus came in the flesh.

It is always best to read the WHOLE of a verse and chapter it is in:

1 John 4
    Testing the Spirits

1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world. 4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. 5 They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

God Is Love

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us. 20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

• N.drew
    N.drew

In hIs letter, "John" was simply stating that those that do NOT proclaim that Jesus came in the flesh. (past tense came)

1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come?in the flesh is from God; 3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world. 4 You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. 5 They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

God Is Love

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has seen God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. 19 We love, because He first loved us. 20 If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

So, PS what are you saying? Some people are still waiting for the manifestation of The Lord but the scripture says he who does not confess Christ is IN US is the antichrist. Obviously.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I know because as a child I saw the movie The Body Snatchers and it is actually quite scary to believe you body might be shared by another....

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love.

And that is what must be warned about "men who lie with men will not inherit (a place) in God's Kingdom" Because it is OK, is it not, that the Christ will not....then some people might think sex is sex. Fine, but that's how the animals do it.... I don't have friends anyway....

I'm not against it, do what you want, but Christ can't share your will. In the house of my father there are many abodes...but there's not that...

Please don't hit me

• AGuest
    AGuest

I absolutely "hear" and agree with you on this, dear N.Drew (the greatest of love and peace to you!)... and praise JAH that you have been given this truth... that flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but the Most Holy One Himself did! My spirit absolutely spirit bears witness to the truth of it and has from the beginning! Indeed, it is what I have been saying here for quite some time! Let me show you, please, and those who might disagree (and please note, I am not yelling/shouting, not at all. I realize that you and others are able to keep calm and have your words "seasoned" when they need to be. I am just VERY excited about this... that you GOT it... and have shared it with US... and so cannot contain that fervor, at all! The Spirit if VERY "active" within me, as a result, and I cannot contain its joy! So, please... forgive my caps and bolding, etc. I am just excited, is all! Thank you!).

Okay, starting with 1 John 4:2:

"By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the fleshis from God; and every spirit that does not confess [Jesus] is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world. You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in youthan he who is in the world."

For years, I have professed that very spirit in ME... as a "chosen" VESSEL. That is what the anointing IS: where, through His holy spirit... which spirit is poured out by Christ... God comes and "makes his abode" in an individual. Dwells IN them, through Christ! And so it is from WITHIN them that He speaks... from "above" the "ark" of THEIR "covenant" with Him... through His High Priest... Christ. That is how ones are able to HEAR Him... because He is IN them... in their BONES... by means of their BLOOD... which is mixed with HIS blood, holy spirit! Because the spirit... IS IN THE BONES. Because the LIFE... is in the BLOOD... and blood... comes from the BONE. Leviticus 17:11; Ecclesiastes 11:5; Ezekiel 37:4, 5, 10

Which is why when people say, "I dunno, I just feel it... in my bones"... they're not lying. They're not FEELING it, however; rather, "something"... actually someONE... is "speaking" to them... from that remotest of places within them!

What is set forth at 1 John 4:2, then, is what Paul meant when he wrote to the Romans regarding the exact same thing (as John):

"... YOU are in harmony, not with the flesh, but with the spirit, if God’s spirit truly dwells in YOU. But if anyone does not have Christ’s spirit, this one does not belong to him. But if Christ is in union with YOU , the body indeed is dead on account of sin, but the spirit is life on account of righteousness. If, now, the spirit of him that raised up [Jesus] from the dead dwells in YOU, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also make YOUR mortal bodies alive through his spirit that resides in YOU." Romans 8:9, 10

Many do not understand, however, because they don't understand that our bodies are merely vessels... "cups"... that hold a spirit or spirits within them: ours... and, if they make their abode IN us... God's, through Christ's. Or ours... and possibly another/other spirit(s). Because they either do not understand... or ACCEPT... what the body of flesh IS, however... that it IS merely a "vessel"... a CUP... which HOLDS the spirit... ours... and, potentially God and Christ's... and/or they reject the Spirit the GIVES the latter two... they cannot "receive" this truth. They, in essence, reject the spirit... of the Truth!

That is what Christ meant when he told the scribes and Pharisees to "cleanse the INSIDE of the 'cup'" - the cleanse the SPIRIT, the men they were on the INSIDE, which "man" they were all trying to hide... by means of the "man" they were on the OUTSIDE (then, through apparel (the fringed garments), presentment, piety, phylacteries ("scripture carrying cases"), public praying, etc., and today, through apparel, including suits, long skirts, robes, etc.; presentment, including shaven faces, no hair braiding; phylacteries, including bookbags and magazines; and public "praying", including field service!). All of that is an OUTWARD appearance... which the Most Holy One of Israel is NOT concerned with!

That our bodies ARE such "cups" is spoken of by Christ himself, when he stated:

" In the house of my Father there are many abodes." John 14:2

When our Lord spoke of "many abodes" in God's house... he was speaking of ISRAEL, the Household of God... and saying that in that "House" are MANY "places"... vessels... for God to dwell... IN SPIRIT. Thus, he also said:

“If YOU love me, YOU will observe my commandments; and I will request the Father and he will give YOU another helper to be with YOU forever, the spirit of the truth, which the world cannot receive, because it neither beholds it nor knows it. Y OU know it, because it remains with YOU andis in YOU." John 14:15 - 17

" In answer [Jesus] said to him: “If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make our abode with him." John 14:23

And this is NOT Israel who is such on the outside, but Israel who is such on the INSIDE: NEW Jerusalem. John further explained this when he wrote, as to his vision:

" I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them." Revelatin 21:2, 3

Again, I am overwhelmed with JOY that you have received this understanding! Treasure it, dear one, and do not let anyone... ANYONE... persuade you away from it, no matter how well-meaning they may be! YOU know what you heard... and from Whom. Put faith in it... without wavering! Many will disagree... but that is of no concern. When their time arrives, it will be revealed to them, as well... not by you or me, but by that same Spirit that revealed it to me... and now to you! You and I can only, in OUR joy and gratitude, share that truth. Whether others hear... or refrain. It is not imporant to get others to agree with us or believe as we do. What is important is that WE obey... and speak the "pure" language of truth... as we receive it FROM the Truth. To do otherwise would be to go against... and thus, deny... the very Spirit that resides IN us... which GIVES us these things.

Please... do not let ANYONE "rob" you of this pearl. It was given you... it is yours... go, please... and REJOICE! Because, again, flesh and blood did not reveal this truth to you, but the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, did... through His Son and Christ, our Lord and Master, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah) did! And he did so... because you ACCEPTED, when you heard of it... and so CALLED UP... HIS true name! He then heard YOU... and answered. As he does with ALL who call upon his name!

Again, the greatest of love and peace to you... and may JAH continue to bless you... and your entire household... to time indefinite!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes! Thank you.

Again, the greatest of love and peace to you... and may JAH continue to bless you... and your entire household... to time indefinite!

YOUR servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

You too dear Shelby

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hello! I understand, but now it worries me "how far". I know it doesn't matter....just saying...I have another idea...

I shall post it on my blog....just in case Haha I mean LOL!

LOVE!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit