Are you sure leaving the JW religion has made your life better?. Lurkers think twice

by mankkeli 260 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

JWfacts - Many are better off remainning in cult than being out, do you agree with me?

I don't think many are, but some are. Without any disrespect, the ones I knew that thrived in the religion were the simple people. There are the ones that had little prospect of doing well in normal jobs and so found pleasure in "priveleges" such as doing microphones or being a Ministerial Servant, due to boosting their low self-esteem.

However, once a person becomes aware that what the Watchtower teaches is not true, it is very hard for them to remain happy being part of the religion. There are an incredible number of stories on here of people that became physically sick everytime they even thought of going to the meeting. There is a huge burden to pay fighting cognitive dissonance. At that stage it does become better to leave.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Here here WH, he/she/it is just looking for attention...and it got a shitload.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    The fact still remains, many of you are better off remainning than leaving, just think about it. leaving doesnt bring any assurance to you, does it?,
    it rather send you back to the miseries of life without weapon to cope against the war waged by life's adversities.

In order to live where I live..

You need to be truthful to yourself or you will die..

After reading your posts..I`m convinced you`d die here..

You make shit up..

Mother Nature is not forgiving to F*ck-Ups..

You are the one Better Off in a Kingdom Hall with No Windows..

Swallowing buckets of WBT$ Shit..

Hoping to find a kernel of corn worth eating..

.......................;-)...OUTLAW

• wobble
    wobble

Manny said "leaving doesn't give you any assurance " , no, but staying would only assure that I would have to listen to lies, false doctrine and have to pretend to revere and worship the Governing Body.

How could that be better than living a life of integrity and honesty, as I do, away from the WT ?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

good gawd 8 pages in two hours...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    " [@] Ziddina - I am discussing realities here based on my observation. BTW, why should you leave?..."

"realities"???? Honey, you have no concept of the meaning of that word...

Besides - I already LEFT!!

And I put a well-thought-out plan of action into place, to ease my departure...

I obtained decent employment - full-time; no wasting my time "pioneering" when I could be making enough money to keep a roof over my head, my car maintained and repaired, and decent food on my table...

I made "worldly" friends - and THEY were MUCH better friends than any of the two-faced zombies in the kingdom hall...

I deliberately broke my marriage vows and got a divorce - because being married to a JW man was a HUGE part of the problem, too - the misogyny within the Watchtower Corporation's dogma makes it difficult to maintain ANY dignity as a woman, in their cult, and that translates in a terrible way into ANY Jehovah's Witness marriages, too...

And I obtained some further education - though I wish I could have gone back to college full-time...

So, dearie, your opening post is totally WRONG in its premise - it is always far better to be true to oneself, than to LIVE A LIE -

which is EXACTLY what YOU are advising these people to do!!!

HOW DISHONEST CAN YOU GET????

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

JWfacts - Have you thought about the abundant benefit the social setting in the JW organization offers, doesn it worth pushing all doubts to the background and carrying on?. many are looking at the issue from the standpoint of "false Teaching". Agreed, the teachings are bizzare and control-oriented, but if a person leaves the organization what else?, Granted, Such person is free, but do many utilise their freedom in the best possible way?. Even Raymond franz a guru apostate confirmed that christain freedom has been undermined, is it fair?.

• isojourn
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Breathe woman, breathe!!

Lmao @ the social benefits of the bOrg! Manny, you nut you're killing me! Hahaha!

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "You delude yourselves into thinking that you're happy by participating in pagan holidays and selfish days of celebration such as birthday parties. True, no one gets their head chopped off during modern birthday parties, but what gets lost during these celebrations is what Jesus highlighted about giving freely, particulary to God. We recieve freely, and hence we should give freely. ...."

No Room For George, you should have seen how freely I gave out Halloween candy and toys and mini-flashlights, this year...

"In a sense, by leaving JWs and the direction of the Faithful & Discreet Slave, those who have done so have turned their lives into a 24/7 birthday party full of selfish desires ...."

Damn!! Sounds good to me!! There will be presents with that, of course??

"what they're attempting to do is live life by visualizing Satan's stones as bread ...."

Actually, I've cooked my own bread this week - pumpkin bread, and it's very tasty, never you mind just HOW tasty and yummy it is...

"The old saying held true in their case, that they traded a ham for a weiner...."

Weiners... Yum.... I love weiners.... Especially kosher beef weiners..... Like in a "Chicago hot dog"....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit