Are you sure leaving the JW religion has made your life better?. Lurkers think twice

by mankkeli 260 Replies latest jw experiences

• drewcoul
    drewcoul
    For those of you who anticipated the demise of the JW religion,you may end up being frustrated and dissapointed as your wishes may never be fulfilled, Even Raymond franz a guru apostate wondered till death on the reason for the high surge of baptismal candidate. His confusion led to the complications of his sickness which later resulted in his death.

Please offer proof of this assertion. Were you his physician? His Phychiatrist? His counselor? His mailman?

My life is exponentially better since leaving. I miss some of my old friends, but they have chosen to be controlled by the WTS, I have chosen not to be. They have chosen to shun me, I have not shunned them. They are wrong, and they have a right to be wrong.

Your reasoning is that of a battered woman. You suggest that people stay so that they can still have their friends and family, it's better to be controlled than to be free. Battered women often stay in abusive relationships because they have become accustomed to the fact that their husband/ boyfriend will react a certain way if they do something their husband disapproves of. They learn to live with the control and the abuse and make excuses for not getting out.

You are wrong!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

lisaBObeesa: You go girl! I like the way you cut to the heart of this debate with a few well thought out questions. My answers are:

1. Living my true authentic beliefs
    2. Having real friends and family who love me and accept me for who I really am and who will be there for me in good times and in bad
    3. Not being full of fear all the time
  • xelder
    xelder

to mankkeli

many have chosen personal discomfort for long-term gain. Think of Ruth in the bible. Think of Galilleo.

I watched generations of my family die holding to false hopes. I was fifth generation JW, my grandkids 7th generation. But my decendants will never have to live by the fickle wishy-washy doctrine and rule of the GB. I gladly suffer a bit to be an example for my kids and grandkids.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

wha happened? - What do you have to show for that satisfactin upon exiting?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think I'll go back and read all the comments

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OUTLAW - I am happy that you can now say what you want, but does that upgrade your lifestyle?

Of course..

Now I drive a Nice truck..I live in a Nice house..

I send the cat out once a month to get his Ass Polished..

Tonight I`m going to eat Chinese..

I have him locked in the Basement..I wish he`d stop screaming..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• isojourn
    isojourn

Sounds like a lot of insecurity from the OP. Unless they are working on a statistics report for class. Our opinions shouldn't matter.

If the OP believes people should never leave the bOrg, because they are better off as productive members of the human race. Then why question it in the first place? The answer should be clear.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I am not pulling legs, I am reporting on what I have sincerely observed.

No, you are not.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Considering the volume of responses this Manny's best topic yet.

Lol @ Outlaw

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"That comment of yours shows how flawed your thinking is. It appears you have not been able to get passed the black-and-white rhetorical fallacies that the Watchtower has tainted you with. Leaving a high control religion doesn't magically make all lifes problems disappear. All people struggle with emotional, family and health issues. It seems you are a prime candidate for being sucked back into another cult if you think there some person or organisation can offer you a problem-free life."

Well done JWFACTS. I was about to post this very thought

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit