Are you sure leaving the JW religion has made your life better?. Lurkers think twice

by mankkeli 260 Replies latest jw experiences

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Halo: The idea that staying with the organisation to preserve relationships is absurd in the extreme.

Well said and welcome to the board. I look forward to more clearly articulated comments from you!

Daniel

• ziddina
    ziddina

"It is commonly known that Luminescence can be the result of stress on a crystal. What do we know about crystals? Crystals shine, they can capture our attention, but the value of a crystal is often overestimated, and as a result many buyers are taken advantage of. ..."

Sooooo, now he's using "New Age" mysticism as an illustration as to why we should return to the Watchtower Corporation's poison???

How amusing that he's mimicking the path of the Watchtower Corporation - their use of mystics in bible translation, Russell's fascination with a THOROUGHLY pagan symbol - the Great Pyramid - to mention a couple of examples...

Ah, well... Like cult leader, like cult follower...

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

For all the lurkers and also for Mankelli: Your life and mental health will improve after you leave Jehovah's Witnesses. And if you go smart about it, you don't have to lose your friends and/or family.

I can tell you that, because I am living this myself. And so is my wife.

My extended family are almost all JW, and most of them are long-time, well respected in the Organization and the male members are Elders, ministerial servants, some bethelites and ex-bethelites and some were and others are still pioneering. They all together could keep easily a team of psychiaters occupied for as long as they will live. The constant pressure they are living is not just driving them into depression, it is causing serious physical health problems too. At least 3 of them were on the brink of starvation because the emotional strain drastically reduced the functioning of the liver and the intestines. Quite a few are running from one practioner to the next, and that for many years.

I have found this confirmed and repeated over and over again in all the congregations that I have visited.

Even I was draining myself in the service of the Org, depraving myself of sleep, balancing between preparing for meeting parts, attending to the sorrows of the pubs in the congo who weren't helped by the elders, service and secular work.

If I had rough times when I decided to leave, than it was caused by discovering how much I was lied to. That nothing what they claim to be promised or taught in the bible that makes JW unique, is true. It is the deep disappointment in the organisation that hurt me the hardest.

And I discovered that the majority of the people living outside the Jehovah's Witnesses also have high standards. And that you will not be their friends unless you live up to them. And that their friendship is not necessarily connected with membership of an organisation, but because they appreciate what you really are.

To please friends and family we still attend the odd meeting from time to time. Lately they turn out be so boring, so full of unfounded nonsense, that it is an encouragement to stay away. (the bookstudy this week was excellent, so much conclusions drawn about Paul and Barnabas without as much as a millimeter of biblical support, it really has become a sad show). Once you have woken up, and you can see through it all, it is so sad that such good people let themselves fooled by it for so long.

If you are in the possibility, put an exit-program in place to make yourself slowly free from this evil organisation. Give up any position you might hold, drop your service reports, reduce your meeting attendance. And start doing real research about the bible and how the witnesses misuse it. It is the best thing you can do in your life.

Thanks for Makelli for starting this thread, I am just afraid he or she won't see that (s)he is believing in fairy tales.

And with all respect for No Room for George and the difficulties in his life, if you skip through his threads, you will find many reasons it is better outside the org than inside.

It feels so good to be out

Hoffnung

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

WTW, what you said is so right on! Especially the part about their utter disdain for ideas and just thinking in general. It really is a religion of mediocrity. Who would want to go back to that vomit?

• isojourn
    isojourn

Mankelli I will tell you what... if your saga of posts are a success and you can change my mind about staying out of the Borg. I will let you take me in. Coddle me. I will go live with your family. You can personally start rebuilding me again.

You can re-review all the doctrines with me, since I am inactive (DA'd) you can give me bible study and count the time. You can help me pay for some of my general bills, since I will have to work part time from now on to dedicate myself fully toward the ministry. It's worth it. You want me to live my fullest, right?

Also! You can be used as an exemplary Christian brother. We can tell them all how your love of Jehovah's sacred and pure organization gave you the strenght to reach out in the ministry. You went out of your way, to post on an apostate website to show your zeal. You were able to correct the blindness of a lost sheep and bring her back to happiness.

Imagine the applause you'd receive at a District Assembly when you recount this experience from the stage.

• maksym
    maksym

Dear Mankkeli,

I was thinking that you did not respond to my previous post on, I suppose page four, of this thread, but that is okay.

Leaving the watchtower corporation is like leaving someones country of birth. They may leave family and friends but it is for the betterment of the person and their immediate family either fanancial or otherwise. In turn they may lead their family out of the old country into the new after a period of time passes.

In the interim period the family may lose contact with the travelling family member. But in this same time frame the escapee family member may provide an opportunity for the others.

In mirror image of this people leaving the Jw's CAN provide for a better spiritual path.

But it is up to them to provide this. That is the key point. Because when a Watchtower member leaves they have no other place to go. If we provide them with Christ and Christianity then they are more inclined to move toward that.

Be the pioneer in Christ

Peace

Maksym

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

If my house is on fire I don't wait for a better one to come along before I run....and I'll do my best to rescue my family too!

I love this point. It is worth repeating!

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Well damn! that was awesome! So umm... Like where'd manky panky go?? Prob workin on episode 3:revenge of the manky... Haha it's soo late here and I have to go in the ministry tomorrow morning... Funny isn't it my fellow lurkers?? It's all bs but what else can some of us do? Anyway whadaya as guys? Should we keep if goin?? Or is this enough? For episode dos??

Oh and welcome Halo! I enjoy playing the game(s) by the same name...Hope you've Liked it here in the dark side so far... We have cookies...(:

• sizemik
    sizemik

Haven't we had enough of the real stuff?.....clarity

Miz has it up to his back teeth . . . that's why he has to keep spittin' it out.

One day he'll change to kicking his own arse . . . instead of letting the WTS do it.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

There are some things that are valued higher than an easier or better life.

It would have been easier to allow Nazi Germany to roll over mainland Europe and to rule as a dual superpower alongside the British Empire. it would have been generally better in the short term for the white Germanic populations of Europe to embrace Nazism in terms of quality of life, economic power, law and order and political stability.

This concept of merely accepting the easier, short term better life does not, thankfully, find itself as the sole answer. The harder life can be more fulfilling, can drive the greater long term rewards ( often only enjoyed by later generations ) and can satisfy the inner drive for many to make their brief life have meaning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit