"Mentally diseased" article to be published in The Independent tomorrow

by cedars 311 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Jesuit Scholar
  • cedars
    cedars

Thanks Outlaw.

I just wanted to say a big "thank you" for all of the kind remarks on this thread, and pay tribute to the work that was done by cantleave and Amelia in the chain of events that led to the publishing of this article.

Whilst everyone deserves a pat on the back, I honestly and genuinely believe those who are really responsible for this media exposure are the Society themselves. They are the ones who had the audacity, arrogance and complacency to print such an openly hateful and vitriolic article. If they had not employed such strong and inciteful rhetoric, I doubt I would have had anything substantial to take to the newspapers. A good portion of Jerome's report is simply quoting the article itself. I feel that this speaks volumes.

The Watch Tower Society has become its own worst enemy. The Governing Body and its representatives arrogantly presume that they can sit in their plush offices and write whatever diatribe they see fit, so long as it keeps their rank and file in order. Little do they know that we are all here, watching them. We might as well be stood right behind them as they type the very words, because the moment their thoughts are turned into print we will read them with greater enthusiasm than their own gullible followers and pounce the moment they step beyond the bounds of what is legally or socially accepted. If they haven't learnt this lesson today, then we will keep on being a thorn in their side until they DO learn.

We are all too hurt to give up, and we are all to angry to lie down and let them get away with this any longer. So, we will read their articles and analyse their hateful rhetoric, and we will let the whole world know what is happening. The tide is slowly turning as the internet grows in popularity and both ex-JWs, "faders" and reformists begin to unite together under a common objective. This is all about information, and we need to learn how to use it skillfully. Edward Bulwer-Lytton once said: "the pen is mightier than the sword". Well I say our 'sword' is bigger, and our 'blade' is sharper, because we have the real 'truth' on our side.

I watched from the sidelines today and was really proud at what was unfolding. Many of you were wading into the debate that was raging on The Independent's website and seizing the opportunity to make your voices heard and make people aware of our cause. I was really proud of you all. You were the ones who were on the front line, getting your hands dirty and driving home the advantage. We need more people with that kind of "go get 'em" attitude if we are to succeed in our objectives.

My dream is that I live to see the day when the Society drops the shunning rule, or crumbles entirely. When either of those things happen, me and my family will be truly free. Today, that wonderous outcome crept one inch closer to becoming a reality.

A crack has emerged. Let's continue to drive home the advantage.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Thank you CEDARS so much! I sent the article to a neighbor that has had witnesses calling on him for awhile. He would not listen to me when I said they were a cult. He just telephoned me and said after reading the article he can understand why I feel JW's are a cult. SO HAPPY!!!!!

I LOVE YOU CEDARS

• cofty
    cofty

Well done Cedars. They must be feeling the pressure today, I hope they have had some calls at Bethel about this.

• erbie
    erbie

This is truly a milestone and I'm sure there are many more to come. What you have done will benefit us all in one way or another and we are grateful for that.

Great stuff!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Thanks Outlaw.....Cedars

Your welcome Cedars..This is huge..

I haven`t seen this much action in awhile..You are making history..

The WBT$ is taking a serous beating..You did really well..

..................;-)...OUTLAW

• mrquik
    mrquik

It's amazing what "mentally diseased" people can do when you piss em off.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

I've emailed the Bbc world service. Keep the comments on the Independent website coming, links to other papers might help. They'll probably look tomorrow..

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I just sent the article to our 4 local Denver stations and the Denver Post

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I am really inspired cedars!! maybe if each one of us tried to get our local news channels or papers to at least hear us out maybe this can move from being an isolated things to an actual movement!!

MENTALLY DISEASED OF THE WORLD UNITE!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit