"Mentally diseased" article to be published in The Independent tomorrow

by cedars 311 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• talesin
    talesin

This is not (in my opinion) about getting people out ... it is about infroming the public about the 'truth about the Truth TM .

t

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Don't we call JWs mentally diseased all the time? Or worse? So what's the big deal?

http://www.144000.110mb.com/directory/jehovahs_witnesses_directory_beliefs.html

• talesin
    talesin

Jonathan, you asked,,,

Don't we call JWs mentally diseased all the time?

Actually, no, I don't recall using this label, but, since you asked ...

Members of a cult are suffering from a mental disease === cognitive dissonance.

The "difference" is ... we don't shun them ,,, or call them "servants of Satan" ,

Shall I go on?

hmmm...

tal

• LV101
    LV101

cedars you are modest in what you've accomplished. the world definitely needs individuals like YOU who will stand up to EVIL AND PROTECT those who can't protect themselves and it's not for sissys --- look at the stress you've endured on this board w/rules (which are needed) and moderators doing their job. most of us need a leader to inspire us/move us and i can't thank you enough for your tenacious work. most of us get so disillusioned because of w/tower's rights as a so-called religion and w/towers' power w/the lawyers/legal system. it's not a cakewalk swimming against the current and doing what is right. they have poor adherents' money for legal fees to play the game out. maybe ex-followers of the cult will end up w/rights someday because of you and many others out there fighting the cause. hope the bloggers are involved big time.

i can't wait to show this to a couple of lawyers for their opinion--- keeping in mind they're brainwashed on laws of this country/religions' rights (i get sick every time i bring it up). it's one specialized arena in law but the courts must wake up and protect the people.

• cedars
    cedars

LV101 - I don't think I'm being modest, just realistic. I'm proud I played a small role in something that has raised awareness to our cause, even if it has only served to give us all something to cheer about. However, I suspect it has done much more than that. I'm sure there will be those who will genuinely have thought twice about embracing Witness beliefs after reading those articles.

I still think of cantleave, nugget and Amelia in their police interview, explaining the situation face-to-face to complete outsiders. I think they did more actual "work" in this whole process than I ever needed to. Anyway, it's a team effort!

Thanks for the kind sentiments though, and best of luck in your own efforts!!

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I want to also thank you cedars. You made a huge splash in the watchtowers small pond. Great work mate.

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

Just to give you guys outside the UK an idea of how big these National newspapers are, here are a couple of wikipedia descriptions:

The Independent is a British national morning newspaper published in London by Independent Print Limited, owned by Alexander Lebedev since 2010. [ 2 ] It is nicknamed the Indy, while the Sunday edition, The Independent on Sunday, is the Sindy. Launched in 1986, it is one of the youngest UK national daily newspapers. The daily edition was named National Newspaper of the Year at the 2004 British Press Awards.

Originally a broadsheet newspaper, since 2003 it has been published in a tabloid (or self-described 'compact') format. [ 3 ] The Independent is regarded as leaning to the left politically, [ 4 ] however tends to take a classical liberal, pro-market, stance on economic issues, [ 5 ] making it difficult to place it on the oft-used left/right spectrum. Furthermore, it generally has not affiliated itself to any political party, and has a range of views given on its editorial and comment pages. The newspaper describes itself as "free from party political bias, free from proprietorial influence" – a banner it carries on the front page of its daily edition.

In July 2011 it had an average daily circulation of 182,881, and was the only national daily newspaper in Britain to have increased its circulation over the previous 12 months. During the same period the Sunday edition had a slightly lower circulation, at 167,247

The Independent is a British national morning newspaper published in London by Independent Print Limited, owned by Alexander Lebedev since 2010. [ 2 ] It is nicknamed the Indy, while the Sunday edition, The Independent on Sunday, is the Sindy. Launched in 1986, it is one of the youngest UK national daily newspapers. The daily edition was named National Newspaper of the Year at the 2004 British Press Awards.

Originally a broadsheet newspaper, since 2003 it has been published in a tabloid (or self-described 'compact') format. [ 3 ] The Independent is regarded as leaning to the left politically, [ 4 ] however tends to take a classical liberal, pro-market, stance on economic issues, [ 5 ] making it difficult to place it on the oft-used left/right spectrum. Furthermore, it generally has not affiliated itself to any political party, and has a range of views given on its editorial and comment pages. The newspaper describes itself as "free from party political bias, free from proprietorial influence" – a banner it carries on the front page of its daily edition.

In July 2011 it had an average daily circulation of 182,881, and was the only national daily newspaper in Britain to have increased its circulation over the previous 12 months. During the same period the Sunday edition had a slightly lower circulation, at 167,247

The Daily Telegraph is a daily morning broadsheet newspaper distributed throughout the United Kingdom and internationally. The newspaper was founded by Arthur B. Sleigh in June 1855 as the Daily Telegraph and Courier, and is since 2004 owned by David and Frederick Barclay.

According to a MORI survey conducted in 2005, 64% of Telegraph readers intended to support the Conservative Party in the coming elections. [ 3 ] It had an average daily circulation of 634,113 in July 2011

Thats a total circulation of nearly 1 million!!! Wow well done Cedars!!!

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

Ups sorry, must have pasted twice. Never mind, repitition for emphasis!

• talesin
    talesin

Thank you, artemis,,,absolutel;y ...

tal

• life is to short
    life is to short

talesin What you said here is spot on.

"This is not (in my opinion) about getting people out ... it is about infroming the public about the 'truth about the TruthTM."

I try to tell eveyone I know about the pedophile issue, about the shunning issue, blood, etc. Most people do not have a clue about JW's. Just that the religion is quirky and going door to door is really all that most people know about it. When I tell them what it is really like most people are shocked.

cedars has done so much to get this out there, I am so very thankful for all of his hard work. To me this is really huge.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit