"Mentally diseased" article to be published in The Independent tomorrow

by cedars 311 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• wannabefree
  • talesin
    talesin

Quiet One,,, why not? I've been posting on the article, so apologize for missing your suggestion earlier. The worst they can say is no, and they just might say yes!

tal

• wobble
    wobble

I just fired off an E-mail to the letters page([email protected]) pointing out that Rick Fenton is lying through his teeth for the WT, I didn't put it quite like that, I want to get the letter published if poss, but I quoted paragraph and page from the latest "Flock" book showing that a JC would be formed for anyone who made the "personal decision" to associate with a DF'd one.

His contention that Dubs can ask questions freely I exposed as false too.

I said the WT are masters of the half-truth.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Talesin: Thanks. I'm sorry, I have issues about being ignored, it's my problem not yours. I'll work on the email asap, but can anyone else contact the World Service? Its fine if nobody wants to, but if anyone does, the more the merrier! Wobble: Brilliant idea.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The Dubs on the comment threads make me sick.

Remember in 2009, the Awake ran an article that said that people should treat nicely those that change their religion? Double Standards!

http://www.freeminds.org/blogs/watchtower-teachings/shunning-double-standard-july-2009-awake-hope-for-shattered-families.html

In July of 2009 Jehovah's Witnesses around the world will be going from door-to-door, offering householders the latest copy of the Awake! magazine. In this issue of the magazine there is an article entitled "The Bible's Viewpoint - Is It Wrong to Change Your Religion?" . Here are some selected highlights from that article;

"In my homeland...changing your religion cuts you off from the community."

"You may feel that your religion is inextricably linked to family history and culture and should not be changed."

"The Bible assures us that God wants us to "really find him". Since our Creator wants us to search for truth, it cannot be wrong to act on the evidence we find - even if that means changing our religion."

" God allows each person the freedom to choose how he or she will respond. No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."
  • dozy
    dozy

great work cedar & the rest of you guys. "Anybody is free to ask questions" - yeh , right. Try telling that to my elders , who said that if I kept on asking questions , I would be DFd.

I'm sure it will make the WTBTS be a lot more careful in choosing their words in the future.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Great work Cedars & all. Really well done.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Up to 585 comments... a prize to anyone who guess the handle I am using :-)

One apologist was spamming with the same post over and over and over and the mod very kindly deleted them all - I did request this but it was such blatent trolling I can;t imagine they'd of missed it...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

purchased my copy this morning and read it over a leisurely lunch, fantastic work from Amelia and Angus , big big news this.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Rick Fenton is the Watchtower spokesman?

Rick Fenton??!

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!

rofl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit