"Mentally diseased" article to be published in The Independent tomorrow

by cedars 311 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• talesin
    talesin

lovelylil

Did you register? As soon as I registered, my comment went up. They just ask for an email addy, a name (any name you type in), and then you go to your email and hit the link to verify. Your comment will instantly be posted.

tal

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Richard Dawkins just tweeted the article (he has 240,000+ followers!), his foundation's twitter feed picked it up (20,000+) and it's featured on his website: http://richarddawkins.net/articles/643264-war-of-words-breaks-out-among-jehovah-s-witnesses

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Has anyone tried contacting the Bbc to see if they're interested in covering the story? At this following link you can suggest a debate for the world service, an idea could be ' should a religion be allowed to discriminate against former members by shunning anyone who disagrees with their doctrine?' (just a general idea, I'm not good with words). Then give a link to the 'mentally diseased article' because they ask you to reference somewhere it's being discussed, this could get worldwide interest.. http://worldhaveyoursay.wordpress.com/suggest-a-debate/

• sizemik
    sizemik

Franklin Massey . . . that's great . . . thanks for the link!

• talesin
    talesin

w00t! thanks, Franklyn.

t

• talesin
    talesin

cedars,,, thank you! This is a wonderful thing you did. Finally, some publicity!

On a selfish note, it's given me something to help with, and made my day, week, month a helluva lot better.

(Yes, I have a life, peeps, but am housebound now and for the foreseeable future.)

tal

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

I love this! Now we need similar articles printed in the New York Times, the LA Times, the Chicago Tribune, and every other major newspaper in America to begin waking some folks up.

Perfect. Thanks for sharing, Cedars!

• Gayle
    Gayle

I sent an attachment of "The Independent" article to the Victoria, Australian newpaper writer, Graeme Hammond, that has been writing about Steven Unthank and JWs. He is hoping to get an article out this week.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am printing out copies of the article for any JWs that come by my house now.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Great work, everyone. Does anyone agree that contacting the World Service to ask them to have a debate using this article would be a good idea? I don't mind being told that I'm barking up the wrong tree, it's better than having my earlier suggestion totally ignored..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit