Credit Card Donation terminals are currently being installed in JWs Assembly Halls...

by AndersonsInfo 129 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ANDERSON B: If other religions are doing it then why wouldn't they? Also, as some have mentioned, it is a way to get people who don't carry much money to put more in. The security angle is also something to consider. No need to worry about theft or dishonesty and less need for people to 'guard' contribution boxes. I would have laughed at the idea twenty years ago and the idea of giving money to ANY religion, not just JWs is ludicrous. Religions are bad enough but one that offers zero to society in general deserves nothing, in my book!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

This is going to be a slippery-slope, indeed. This will inevitably lead to JW televangelists. This organization has officially become a mega-church corporation, the very thing they use to brag about "speaking out against."*

*not that I believed them in the first place.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR PROVIDING THIS INFORMATION!

• shamus100
    shamus100

That is right, Mr. Falcon.

This is a tipping point - they have crossed the line. Even I am floored at how low they have gone.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

It's depressing to think that the overwhelming majority of JWs will applaud this when this letter is read. "What a loving provision from Jehovah!" or "The Society is truly looking out for us!" or some other equally Orwellian nonsense.

I truly believe that if they read a letter next week officially sanctioning child molestation, 98.8% of JWs would call it a "loving provision from Jehovah."

Brain-dead, plugged-in, mind-rotted fools. It would almost be funny if it wasn't so sad.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Does anyone know if this arrangement is taking place in Canada?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I don't mind the Watchtower getting these machines. It's "New Light." Hypocrites. LOL.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

credit card machines at assemblies????

"lewd, lascivious, salacious, ...........outrageous!"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do not advocate donating anything by credit card. If Jehovah is so stingy that he cannot provide cash, now on the spot, and enough so people can afford to donate right now, that that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag doesn't deserve even one swastika's worth of money--and will not get it. Additionally, the washtowel spent so many years bashing other Christian churches for doing the same thing--and now they are doing it.

And, with the quality of the Washtowel organization, I do not recommend going into debt for it. You will pay every toilet paper you put into that box, whether by putting it in the box now or by swiping your card. And, if you swipe, you are going to pay for it later--and it will out of necessity come out of what you are able to put in the box at that time. You will also be paying interest, which makes the Rothschilds richer (for that cancer, no less) without providing you any value. If you later need the credit, it will not be available--say, if your roof decides to leak or you get into an accident because you went to the boasting session tired or in bad weather.

If you use a credit card, do so responsibly. The only times you should go into debt are for emergency situations and if you are going to spend the money in such a way that the total value exceeds the total cost. College may be a good way to reap value--as would be new capital to start a business, moving expenses so you can start a business without getting raided, or upgrading something major in your house. But, donating to a religious organization is never a good excuse to get into debt, let alone the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery.

• Open mind
    Open mind

"But you, when making gifts of mercy, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing, that your gifts of mercy may be in secret; the your Father who is looking on in secret will repay you." Matthew 6:3,4

Sorry Brothers. I take Jesus words very seriously. That's why all my donations are in cash. Not being able to deduct it from my taxes is a small price to pay for obedience.

*smug alert*

Walks off.

• sherah
    sherah

Thanks Barb.

This fleecing loving arrangement just adds to the WT hypocripsy. Also, it will be a way for them to see who the big donators are. As a dub, I would be uncomfortable with them having my cc account number.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit