Credit Card Donation terminals are currently being installed in JWs Assembly Halls...

by AndersonsInfo 129 Replies latest jw friends

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

This has been possible in Norway for at least a decade...

Donations are also tax deductable....

• dozy
    dozy

They have had this arrangement in the UK for several years at district assemblies - I know a sister who manned the terminal who was surprised at the high donations that were made. I don't know about the assembly halls but I suppose it is an obvious progression.

It isn't the terminals per se that annoy me - it is the hyprocrisy that has them condemning "christendom" for doing the same thing.

And anyway , as I constantly remined the JWs when I was a congregation secretary - there is no need to give a donation at any assembly anyway. The congregation sends a payment beforehand for the WTBTS suggested rate of X pounds / dollars etc to the society for all of the costs incurred. Any donations made on site are pure 100% profit.

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

Hi Barbara, thanks for the information! How to define that??? Greeeeeeddddd??????

For your information I translated the article for the italian friends! http://forum.infotdgeova.it/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8491

It seems to be more appropriate to me: PAY NOW, AND PRAY LATER.....

Regards,

Claudia

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Deut 16:15 reads very differently to the NWT (Not Well Translated)

NIV = For the LORD your God will bless you in all your harvest and in all the work of your hands, and your joy will be complete.

NLT = This festival will be a time of great joy for all.

NASB = because the LORD your God will bless you in all your produce and in all the work of your hands, so that you will be altogether joyful.

..........and so on...............................

JW version and the 'command' from the GB......

At Deuteronomy 16:15, Jehovah commanded those celebrating the festival of booths: “You must become nothing but joyful.” Similarly, circuit assemblies and special assembly days are always joyous occasions because of Jehovah’s abundant blessing.

Beatings will continue until morale improves!

How happifying!

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Tank full of fuel to get to the convention: $80.

Three days of parking: $24.

Buying Jehovah's favour with a generous donation on MasterCard: Priceless.

• sizemik
    sizemik

LOL . . . Mr M

"A fool and his money . . . . " Surely this must ring some alarm bells . . . SURELY!

Warning: You may lose your cookies!

@Clarity . . . I'm gobsmacked by that account about Suiter! It's totally removed any speculative element as to the nature and intent of these men . . . they wouldn't sell their own Grandma's for sixpence . . . just someone elses. Bloody filthy criminals!

• darthfader
    darthfader

To play a bit of devils advocate here:

This may be the only way for them to get larger donations (those greater than a few bucks or spare change) as a lot of people no longer carry that much cash.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Devils advocate #2:

It might also be for security reasons. I was involved in the counting of the monies on the Sunday after a convention once. There were TENS OF THOUSANDS of $ involved, and security guards came to collect the money afterwards.

It could be a way to reduce the amount of actual cash on the premises, not to mention perhaps negating the need for security guards.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Credit cards don't feel like real money. Perhaps there is also a temptation to give more to 'qualify' for eternal life with a pet panda.

• shamus100
    shamus100

NOT PLAYING DEVILS ADVOCATE HERE:

It's a wee bit of a copout, if you ask me. They could have disabled the credit cards, but they did NOT. ;)

Is petty crime so bad that you fear walking down the street with a few hundred dollars? Jesus, where do you people live? :0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit