Tonight I disassociated myself - after 24 years - had 2 hour meeting with Elder

by Intel 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Good luck with everything, Intel.

Please get a copy of the Borg's child custody packet asap (I can email it to you if you PM me) and get a copy of it to your attorney so he knows what kind of group he's up against if your wife files for divorce and custody. Be prepared.

It will get better. But it may get bad before it does. We're here for you.

• Intel
    Intel

Thanks to all of you!!!! THIS is true unity...people that THINK for themselves and yet reach out to others without the need to count hours or to place some mags!

I salute you all!!!! To the Apostate community:

Today my brother in law called me and he was very positive and upbuilding (upbuilding in MY sense)....he wished me the Best for the future. As it seems my mother doesn't know yet....she lives in another town and is sick....so my sisters considered better to say nothing.

As for my child....well haven't seen her in 4 days now.....very hard I tell you. My wife sended me a text message saying that because of my egoistic thinking the little will suffer. I answered her that I am showing my daughter the greatest life lesson I could ever transmitt. There is no greater lesson than showing courage, to stand up for yourself and your convictions even if it means to suffer, to be honest and true to yourself and others and that humans have died and sacrificed themselves for the sake of FREEDOM! I wrote her that even Adam & Eve (I don't think about this as something literal anymore!) just sticked the finger to THE MAN and prefered FREEDOM over Golden Cages....

......Fuck Golden Cages.....Flying free is sooo much better. Do I suffer? Yes, you bet that my heard bleeds everytime I see a photo of my child...or today....I had to go grocery shopping...seeing the things that she loves ripped my heart apart.....but I WILL STICK THIS ONE OUT. I guess that Pain & Suffering is just part of this Life.....we get into the world through a painful process........after Pain good things happen.....lets see.

I am showing my child that IT IS POSSIBLE to stand for your convictions - even if they are unpopular and your whole family wishes you hell - "Give me Liberty or Death" - quote by Patrick Henry

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Intel, if I may be so rude as to ask, are you the same intel from Beliefnet? If you don't wish to respond publicly, you may PM me.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

Hi Intel,

I wish you the very best in a long road ahead, one I took some 34 years ago.

You are now the 70th person on our list of ex-Bethelites. You may want to (or not) make contact with some of them. That's partly what the list is all about.

Len

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Why should others pay for your freedom?

What the hell does that even mean??

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I wrote a 4-line with the bare minimum that the Society will accept for this kind of letter (I worked in jobs related to Service Department....) ..."

Whoa...

Wait a minute...

I wrote only a one-liner - back in 1983, I think...

I wrote:

"I no longer wish to be associated with the Jehovah's Witnesses."

Does this mean that I'm NOT officially disassociated???

Do I gotta go back and do it again?? [KID-ding!] I've ignored them for 25 years and never have been bugged by an elder, so I thought I got off scot-free...

Zid the She-Devil...

• ziddina
    ziddina

What "Leaving Watchtower" said... And others...

See a therapist.

Best decision I ever made after leaving the cult. The first therapist I saw, recommended that I read a book about cults.

I read the first one, and was shocked by the corresponding characteristics between cults and the Watchtower Society.

And I was hooked on reading books about cults - for a few years.

Really opened my eyes, and relieved my mind. Confirmed that I'd made the right decision.

I've said it before, but - Best of results to you!!

• Intel
    Intel

Whoa...

Wait a minute...

I wrote only a one-liner - back in 1983, I think...

I wrote:

"I no longer wish to be associated with the Jehovah's Witnesses."

Well, I covered everything. I also used that one liner (a MUST), I included the sentence that I am doing this "out of my own will, without any other influence" > this one covers the point that could be alleged that you were coerced to do the letter. I also wrote that "I am in control of my full mental capabilities." > not some crazy flash thought, mental breakdown, etc. and "that I do not wish to be contacted or to be visited to talk about changing my mind." (more or less, i used shorter, legalese wording). Every corner covered!

I sent the letter out by mail, but I also went personally to one elder to state the same, so that everything is covered and definite.

I wondered myself about his comment that a JC would never accept me back. I was not nasty, I didn't do the "bad apostate boy" thing. I was calm and friendly and stated everything in a reasonable, logical way. I even told him that I do not wish to enter into details of my belief system, because I could influence HIS way of thinking which I respect. I also told him that I am not here to talk about the "dirty laundry" of the Society.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Intel, parts of your post made me smile. I just want to have a little fun with it.

I included the sentence that I am doing this "out of my own will, without any other influence" > this one covers the point that could be alleged that you were coerced to do the letter. Well, you could always claim that you were coerced and influenced to write "out of my own will, without any other influence"

I also wrote that "I am in control of my full mental capabilities." > not some crazy flash thought, mental breakdown, etc. That's exactly what a crazy person would say.

"that I do not wish to be contacted or to be visited to talk about changing my mind." Back to point one.

I hope you are continuing to feel better. Take good care of yourself and your daughter.

NC

• ziddina
    ziddina

LoL @ New Chapter!!

Good work on finding those loopholes!!

If he ever HAS to go back in to get someone else out, maybe he can use those excuses - with a LOTTA spin!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit