Tonight I disassociated myself - after 24 years - had 2 hour meeting with Elder

by Intel 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Man, Sorry you have to go thru the negative stuff about it...(I'm getting a glipse of what will most likely happen to myself when I decide to get out fully)...but you are a hero at the same time. I know that my wife will act in a similar fashion so please keep us updated with how things are going with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep your head up. YOU ARE FREEEEE!!!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Intel, Just a suggestion that you print out all of those emails and save any other messages and be prepared to turn them over to your attorney or psychologist, as needed.

As a returning college student, I'm no expert on psych/sociology, but I find the courses fascinating. What you are going through has been refered to as a "degradation ceremony". In sociology it's a labeling theory for deviance. However, this is only deviance from Watchtower Society. The "world" would accept you as normal, perfectly normal. JWs are the deviants in modern society, a 19th century sect that has survived into the 21st century by feeding on ignorance and fear. Please remember that you are no longer deviant from society at large. As JWs would try to attach the stigma of being "apostate", it's worthwhile to remember that actually the JWs are apostate. Their course is fully following imperfect human popes under the name "governing body". They constantly have to replace their books, because they continously "apostatize" from things they earlier accepted as "present truth".

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Wow, its hard but things will get better. The wife and I da'd about a year ago. We were in the same type of situation. I hung on for 10 years pretending to just be "spiritually weak".... All that happened was that she kept trying to suck me back in further, no meetings for years then the last two I started going to make her happier, so she wouldn't have to endure the akwardness of going alone. But last summer I had enough, I just couldn't do it. I was laughing at the WRONG parts in the meetings and rolling my eyes and was just generally having a tough time dealing with it.

The only thing I did differently is sit her down and talk to her about what I was feeling and that I was not going back to the KH agian. I had managed to build up some trust and show her some info online and it was enough to wake her up. She was very much worn out tyring to do what she thought was the right thing, just like most JW's are.

Have patience with your wife, do what you can and just maybe she will sit still long enough to listen.

• Intel
    Intel

Thanks again. This is good. Sharing the past 48 hours with all of you has been a very interesting thing to do!

Billy the Ex-Bethelite > Thanks to you. A very complete description about how things are! I appreciate your comments, since we were "former buddies" ;-) (ex-Bethelite, too)

RagingBull > Appreciate the positive message that comes through with your comment!!!!! :-)

sizemik > YEP! Lots and lots of things happening fast and at the same time!!! I think I would like to write a book (in the future)....

THIS is how I am going to act towards lifes hardships!

(movie is graphical intense if you don't like to see animals hunting other animals! Nevertheless this is how nature works! This is an animal documentary with a specific event that teaches us a lesson!!!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx796zSg5gs&feature=fvwrel

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Intel, take Billy's advice and print out those emails and letters.

Have you heard from your wife or seen your daughter?

It pains me to say this, but you need to prepare yourself for a custody hearing, eventually, and if you start getting any voice mails or emails from your wife that are mean and basically holding your daughter as "ransom", you need to save them for your protection and your child.

get as much info as you can on how being part of the JW's can be harmful for a child - the blood issue is a primary one.

• b17boss
  • Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I commend your personal courage Intel. You have been 'true' to yourself by making your stand and whatever anyone thinks of your beliefs, that certainly is the most honest way to be. I wish you well.

Loz x

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Intel, give us an update. How are you doing now?

NC

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm also wondering how you are doing, Intel.

I like your reply to your sister. Taking the high road is always good. They may feel ashamed of themselves one day.

I'm afraid the advice about a custody battle is probably true. Keep track of all those emails and phone calls. Try to keep in touch with your daughter while taking the high road with your wife as much as possible.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

@Billy - "They constantly have to replace their books, because they continously "apostatize" from things they earlier accepted as "present truth"."

Thank you for putting this in a way I hadn't thought of before; so very true. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit