Tonight I disassociated myself - after 24 years - had 2 hour meeting with Elder

by Intel 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

My heart goes out to you! There is NO way to leave easily! You are a strong person to have made that choice to stop living the lie. I hope your wife can see beyond the religion! This is a good start to conect with others. It's a start at least!

Take care!

FS

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

well, if you blindsided her with this, what did you expect, really? Angry make up sex?

Deal with what you have created. Make sure you get to see your kids. If you can work out things with your wife, go for it. If not, then figure out what you want. Most of all, give things time. Sixty or 90 days will completely change your perspective.

• luna2
    luna2

I can only imagine how hard this was and will continue to be for you. Its hard to buck the majority and to have to take the shunning and the criticism from family and friends. I agree that it was a brave thing to do. While you will have many challenges in the months and years to come, I hope you will eventually get the life you want to have.

• Essan
    Essan

And so real life begins. Congratulations.

It's traumatic and exhausting right now but you will look back on this moment as one of the most positive turning points in your life very soon.

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Intel,

I feel for you. Coming here to JWN really helped me get over losing my family and see how to "Fill the gap" as you put it.

There are many of us who were born ins and it was the only life we knew. My point is, you are not alone, and feel free to reach out if you need to talk to someone who really understands. There are many here, including myself, who understand what it's like and the challenges ahead.

That being said, be of good cheer, persevere, and do what is best for you and your child!

Kindest regards,

-Drew

• ziddina
    ziddina

Intel, that was very courageous of you...

Now is the time to start building new relationships - though, to be honest, had I been in your shoes, I would have built a few 'worldly' friendships before I jumped ship...

As others have stated, it's time to realize your freedom, figure out what you want in your life, where to go from here, how to have some access to your child - and perhaps be able to prevent her from being swallowed whole by the cult...

May you have beneficial and successful results in your future endeavors...

Zid

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Been there done that. There is an end of the suffering. But, after it is over, life is absolutely wonderful!

• oompa
    oompa

hang tough man...it is really a mind fluck.....be strong i hope.....oompa

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I wish you the best in life. Transitions are hell for me. They are worth the trouble.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Being true to yourself is something few people ever acheive. Congrats!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit