Tonight I disassociated myself - after 24 years - had 2 hour meeting with Elder

by Intel 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Aw cmon guys, are you saying you can't trust what this guy says?

Anyway, back on topic, congats to you Intel on your stand

• out4good3
    out4good3

Absolutely don't trust what that motivational speaker posing as a spokesman for God has to say.

His father was a fire and brimstone preacher. This guy is nothing but popcorn and cotton candy.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I knew I was going to get comments like that ... LOL ... not a problem ... everybody's needs are met differently ...but when I was helping a relative of mine who was sexually abused by a femaly pioneer and molested by 2 circuit overseers ... his sermons opened my eyes to something else, hard to describe, from then I started to look in to the Watchtower Corporation as the publishing company that it is ...but I understand everybody here, trust me I used to get so mad even at the mention of God. The therapy that my relative received also helped me to undo that cult's brainwashing on me. So I second the advise given by someone to go to therapy - that's what I recommend to everybody awakening from the WT trip. Sorry I don't want to make this about me, I am new here. I totally understand and respect your opinions and to the gentlemen that resigned from that corporation - it is going to be hard, we're talking Post Traumatic Stress Dissorder here, so if things get ugly emotionally go talk to the doctor, explain that you are exiting the WT and they will totally know what to do.

• No Room For George
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, Bella15...

It would be nice to hear your story, but not on this thread, as this thread is specifically to help Intel get thru this difficult time.

You can start your own thread by clicking "New Topic" in the teal-colored toolbar just below the top of this - or any - page.

You might want to be sure that you're in "Friends" beforehand, so that your topic will land in that subheading...

Looking forward to reading your story separately...

Zid

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

"The therapy that my relative received also helped me to undo that cult's brainwashing on me. "

Which cult...?

Sorry...it's just that we were all weak once. We had that propensity to believe the absurd. Please be careful.

Rabbit

• Velour
    Velour

What courage to live life in truth, to deal with reality!

I recommend seeking professional help as soon as possible. Many JW who leave suddenly, or even slowly sometimes, suffer from a form of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder after family and long time friends turn their backs on the leaver (and this is the way it is- not the leaver turning their backs on the still in JWs). Having someone who understands what PTSD is and the affects it has on the mind can really help you heal and rebuild.

I recommend this site: http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/ to find a therapist near you. Many of them offer a free initial consultation in person or over the phone. And, many work on a sliding scale. After giving a brief review of my own background all the therapists I consulted with were excited and more than willing to work with me and my lack of dough.

I hope that you can find someone to talk to and lay out your feelings and thoughts with. I hope that over time this chaos will smooth out enough that you can figure out a course for yourself and your child.

• Intel
    Intel

Wow. Today was a hard day. My mother called...I didn't wanted to talk to her.....avoided phone....then a new "worldly friend" offered me his help beyond what I could imagine (financially this could set me free for a while)!!!!

The next minute my beloved sister wrote me a one page email.....basically calling me all kinds of things....comparing me to Satan, wishing me death (I am totally serious! This was from my sister that specially liked me...we were very good friends.....but now :-(

I could not imagine HER writing such a hateful letter.....I wrote a one line back, saying that I forgive her and that for myself I hate nobody and wish nobody harm. Period.

This REALLY hit me hard.....seeing a Therapist...well I can't quite make my mind up.....but will look into the possibility.

Thanks to you all. This is now where the rubber hits the road...I guess, I'm going from the theoretical part to the Reality-part of my decision.

Intel

• hotspur
    hotspur

Sorry for you Intel .... it does get better - promise.

One thing to remember at all times.... feel the love. If it's not there then you have answers to all the unasked questions!

• sizemik
    sizemik
    a new "worldly friend" offered me his help beyond what I could imagine (financially this could set me free for a while)!!!!
    The next minute my beloved sister wrote me a one page email.....basically calling me all kinds of things....comparing me to Satan, wishing me death

Wow . . . what a contrast! . . . validation doesn't take long intel.

Any negative outfall is NOT your doing . . . don't forget that for a minute.

Continued best wishes . . . will be thinking of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit