What say you Christians ???

by wobble 277 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• godrulz
    godrulz

lovely: your optimistic view is not found in Revelation or history. Many will be saved during the Trib., but many will also perish hating God.

flyhigh: your I Cor. 15 proof text is out of context. The rest of Scripture shows a conditional element in receiving or rejecting His gift. Believers will be resurrected, but many simply will remain godless unbelievers and perish.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    This view paints some humans as being like Satan: dumber than a box of hammers. Why would anyone challenge Almighty God?

Free will dude, Adam and Eve did it, the Hebrews did it, WE all do it.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Free will dude,

What do you think of the mental capacity of a person who uses free will to challenge Almighty God, IMHO.

If an intelligent adult steps in front of a speeding locomotive, we would call that person suicidal. Satan was either suicidal or dumber than a box of hammers. Same goes for anyone who would challenge God, IMHO.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

leavingwt: Why would anyone challenge Almighty God?

I like the Gnostic explanation of that: Because he BELIEVES that he IS the Almighty God. Jehovah of the Bible includes in his makeup the Adversarial "Satan", and Jehovah thinks he's the Most High but is just as unaware of the Absolute as we are. There are several scriptures that point out that he is not the highest God .... like the ones about him receiving Israel as an inheritance, or Psalms 82:1 that says he sits down in the assembly of the Divine One and judges among the gods.

Isn't it interesting that even spirits can suffer delusion or blindness..... those who are selfish and not in tune with Love are separated from the Oneness. This is not hard to grasp when we understand how the creation unfolds in stages from the top..... each layer is separate from the layer above it...a great big hierarchal pyramid.... as above so below.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    spirits can suffer delusion or blindness..... those who are selfish and not in tune with Love

This sounds like a mental illness, rather than free will.

Obviously, Almighty God could present his credentials to anyone who asks for them. In the Bible, Satan is described as being in Heaven with Jehovah, in the Book of Job. It's interesting that there would be a disagreement over who was running the place, who was the Boss.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    What do you think of the mental capacity of a person who uses free will to challenge Almighty God, IMHO.
    If an intelligent adult steps in front of a speeding locomotive, we would call that person suicidal. Satan was either suicidal or dumber than a box of hammers. Same goes for anyone who would challenge God, IMHO.

Nah, its about arrogance and about the self-delusion of "power".

Satan challenged God because he knew God, remember that Satan is NOT God's adversary but OURS, God has no adversary.

People challenge God all the time and while unbeleivers have an "excuse", many believers do that also, sometimes in the most horrific of ways.

• wobble
    wobble

So, not according to some christians,but according to "Godrulz", as I am a godless unbeliever I will perish.

How do I know which christian is right ?

I still go back, ad nauseum to you by now, to my contention that if God is Love and practices true justice, He has no basis to order that I should perish.

He has given me nothing to prove that he even exists, so how can I "believe" or have trust in Him ? How could I possibly avoid being godless ?

Godrulz ?

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu
    I still go back, ad nauseum to you by now, to my contention that if God is Love and practices true justice, He has no basis to order that I should perish.

He has given me nothing to prove that he even exists, so how can I "believe" or have trust in Him ? How could I possibly avoid being godless ?

Exactly how I feel.

I've got something for Godrulz to think about:

1. We have free will.
    2. Free will is the ability to choose between good and evil.
    3. Free will is empowering (premises 1 and 2).
    4. Good means choosing God. Evil means choosing a "false religious worldview."
    5. God cannot choose evil. He is only good and benevolent. God cannot also refuse to believe in himself.
    6. Therefore, God does not have free will (premises 4 and 5).
    7. Therefore, we are more empowered than God (premise 6).

Then here's the wrap-up:

1. To be God is to be higher than his creation.
    2. God is not empowered with free will like he empowers his creation (see argument above).
    3. Therefore, he is not more empowered than his creation.
    4. Therefore, he is not higher, and cannot be considered "god."
    5. Since "God" is not "god," he must not exist in the sense that he is more empowered than us.
    6. Thus, God does not exist.

Anyone see any loopholes, please point those out. This was the first atheological argument I made up by myself, so it may be flawed and I appreciate your criticism. Peace.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

Let's see how he gets around this one...Lol.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Pika_Chu...

God made a choice and His judgement was that humans would die if they chose to be disobedient to His word...which was, IF you eat from the tree of the knowledge of good AND evil you will die.

God made that judgement knowing full well that if they lived and continued to reside in the garden and eat from the tree of life they would live to continue to be disobedient to His word.

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit