What say you Christians ???

by wobble 277 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• godrulz
    godrulz

Yes, men come up with extra/contrabiblical beliefs and practices, even in Christian churches. Denominational walls reflect man's imperfection, not God's will/perfection. These are also not salvific issues in God's sight. Despite differing on open vs closed communion, forms of church government, etc., they can still know and serve the same King. The Spirit supersedes denominational walls. Billy Graham crusades also show how numerous, divergent denominations can work together based on the simplicity of the gospel.

• designs
    designs

So which voice among all of these voices does a Christian listen to. The Historical outworking has been to declare one's self to have The Voice or to be The Spokesman for Jesus and collect followers and start a new Denomination.

Couldn't Jesus be clearer.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The responsibility of individual believers to know truth from the Word, the autonomy of local churches, the Spirit's providence in Church history, etc. allow us to have unity on the essentials, despite diversity on non-essentials. Cults have uniformity, but it is not based on truth (simplistic).

• designs
    designs

I guess he couldn't or wouldn't.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear 20571pnt428571...

thank you for your response but I didn't see your explaination why/how the Son will be called Everlasting Father.

Is isaiah 9:6 a prophecy regarding the state of the kingdom after the restoration? or maybe during?...either way have we been taught to expect two Everlasting Fathers and two Mighty Gods?

revelation 22:1-5...And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

love michelle

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Couldn't Jesus be clearer.

He's as clear as you want him to be.

The fact that different people have different opinions about different ways of interpreting what was written just shows that then, like know, people have different opinions about things.

I am sure that, by now, Luther and Calvin KNOW the truth of it all.

As Christ said, "you will need no one to teach you for the Holy spirit wil be your teacher".

That applies to those hearing/reading what luther or calvin or anyone else said/wrote.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

godrulz

Babies cannot do math or build cars, but that does not mean they do not have free will. Ability and free will are not identical. An immature baby has free will, but lacks the extent of moral/mental capacity to chose or reject God.

You have yet to answer the question. OK If a baby lacks the "moral/mental capacity to chose or reject God" (this looks like no free will to chose or reject God to me), and doesn't get to make a choice, what happens to them? Does God save them even without a choice? If so, how is this "fare"? If he saves all infants, wouldn't the loving thing be to kill them before they get old enough to decide?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If he saves all infants, wouldn't the loving thing be to kill them before they get old enough to decide?

Damn dude, every child is a potentail killer ( all humans have in them the potential to kill), wouldn't it be best for a parent to kill the child before it kills ??

• godrulz
    godrulz

Since when is actual murder justified to prevent improbable future murder?!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

godrulz

Stay focused. Answer my question.

If a baby lacks the "moral/mental capacity to chose or reject God" (this looks like no free will to chose or reject God to me), and doesn't get to make a choice, what happens to them?

Does God save them even without a choice?

If so, how is this "fare"? If God saves all infants, wouldn't the loving thing be to kill them before they get old enough to decide to hate and reject him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit