What say you Christians ???

by wobble 277 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    If everyone gets the reward, why the emphasis on a life of self-denial and proselytizing?

It is certainly not to save people from hell. And who says you have to deny yourself or go around saving people? God has that one sewed up. He doesn't need you. But you can tell people about God's love. You can try hard, but you're going to make miserable mistakes everyday of your life. The spirit may be willing, but the flesh is weak. No one here can make him/her self perfect.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Does it seem absurd to you that some view God as a life-taker?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Does it seem absurd to you that some view God as a life-taker?

Very, very. And sad.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Abusive humans have made God into an abusive, bully, murderous parent. That's because they know they can control you by scaring you. And people will believe God is abusive because their parents were or are abusive. Very imperfect parents.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Read it again. He did not say all those in Christ. He said ALL die because of Adam. All will live because of Christ. ALL. Everyone. Period.

Actually, it says:

For as IN Adam all die, even so IN Christ shall all be made alive

Translations not withstanding, the greek is clear and the various translations make note of that.

Now, you do bring up a valid point, does that reading lend itself to say that all those IN CHRIST will live of that all will live because of Christ?

Some translate it as this:

Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life. ( NLT)

And others:

For as in Adam all die, so also in *Christ all will be made alive. (NASB)

I am a universalist, believing that ALL will have the chance to repent and be forgiven, but I also know that not all will take that chance.

I am a universlist because I believe that God;s Grace is for all and that was what Catholicsim (universalisim) was at its core.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    So, MOST are not destroyed?

IF Revelation is any example, even after 1000 years of peace and love under God and Christ there will still be some that will rebel so yeah, I guesss that SOME don't wnat to be saved.

Milton said it well, for some: "Tis better to rule in hell than serve in heaven".

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    IF Revelation is any example, even after 1000 years of peace and love under God and Christ there will still be some that will rebel so yeah, I guesss that SOME don't wnat to be saved.

This view paints some humans as being like Satan: dumber than a box of hammers. Why would anyone challenge Almighty God?

• tec
    tec

With all due respect, that may be your view dear Watersprout, but see the posts above, if I do not believe in Jesus, and that means believe in Jesus as the posters do, I am going to be judged adversely.

I never said you were condemned. No one can say that. I also never said you would be judged adversely. Did you read what I wrote, Wobble? I think you've focused on what a few people have said, and ignored or overlooked what has been said by other believers. I'm not sure why you've done that?

You asked by what measure God would judge you, since you don't believe in Him or His Son? I suggested that IF you are judged, then perhaps you will be judged in the same way that you judge others. Christ is recorded to have said that you will be judged in the same way that you judge others. He is also written to have said that if you show mercy, you will be shown mercy. There is NO judgment for those in Christ, mind you. But not everyone who claims to be IN Christ, actually is.

You said that you are a good person and live by the golden rule. Since you do not want to be judged, then that must mean that you do not judge others either? You're the only one who can examine this about yourself.

I also don't believe in a literal eternal hell. People would have to be granted eternal life in order to have an eternal life in hell - which makes no sense to me. I believe in destruction, after the thousand years, of those who would destroy the ones who belong to Christ, and God. So that is actually protection of the 'sheep' from the 'goats'.

There is also the mercy of God and His Son to hope in.

Peace to you,

Tammy

• tec
    tec
    Tammy, my thoughts are "the world" pertains to our world i.e. mankind. Also, it is probably one of those theological nuggets that does bear too much use dwelling upon.

Yes, this tends to be my thought as well.

Peace,

Tammy

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

There is some variation in beleifs among Christians as far as WHO will be saved. But most of us do not believe like the WT teaches that 99.9% of mankind are condemed to die for not believing in a certain Jesus Christ, portrayed by the Tower.

We (those like myself) believe that Christians are saved now thru Jesus' blood and will not go thru the judgement on the earth, but those not in Christ will go thru the judgement. During this time period, Christ will remove thier obstacles of faith and thus save the majority of mankind. Only the willfully unrepentant, made obviously aware that Christ is the only way, but still refusing to obey, will be thrown into lake of fire. Thus being permamently seperated from God.

In the end Christ will restore all things, saving 99.9% of mankind. The total opposite of what the WT society teaches! Thus the message of the Bible really is "Good News". Peace, Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit