What say you Christians ???

by wobble 277 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec
    Does he simply choose not to out of love? Does love restrict or inhibit, in his case?

Both, I think. The first for sure, and then the second... if God does not act contrary to His nature.

We're the ones who act contrary to our nature (unless of course our nature is a contrary one)... when we want to do one thing, and yet do the opposite thing.

Tammy

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

If you're not born again . . .

. . . don't forget to bring some

• bob1999
    bob1999

"22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive."

All are "In Adam" but not all are "in Christ". Only beleivers.

To be in Adam one just needs to be born, to be in Christ one needs to be born again.

Peace

• bob1999
    bob1999

FlyingHighNow,

John 5:24-29 24 “Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life. 25 Very truly I tell you, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26 For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself. 27 And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. 28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.

I do believe that all will be resurrected but not all will be resurrected to life.

Peace

• jgnat
    jgnat

Pika Chu, here's a possible loophole:

1. To be God is to be higher than his creation.

Perhaps God is not necessarily higher than creation on this attribute. I came to a similar conclusion when pondering God's apparent inaction to evil (barring some future recompense), and not interfereing with free will. The reasons I came up with are:

1. God is impersonal and does not care about the minutae of our individual lives.
    2. God is powerless to intervene.
    3. By some mysterious internal controls (do not interfere with free will) God is self-bound from acting.
    4. God is not love.

For my personal comfort, I prefer 3 over 1 and 4. (By the way, I am new to all this apologetics stuff, too. I rely on strategy, planning, and logic (think before I speak).

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Bob 199, Post #377:

"I do believe that all will be resurrected but not all will be resurrected to life."

See my post 2 posts above Bob's.

This is why the New Testament is every bit as demonic as the old. After all, why shouldn't the people listed below be eternally brutalized? That's why fundangelicals are a bunch of revolting hypocrites when they condemn Muslims but ignore their Old Testament. At least Islamic Law did not amputate a woman's hand simply because she grabbed the testicles of a man assaulting her husband.

Now, for a short list of the damned.

• Buddhists
    • Hindus
    • Zoroastrians
    • Etc.
  • Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

jgnat, Post #16630:

"3. By some mysterious internal controls (do not interfere with free will) God is self-bound from acting."

The Founding Fathers were Deists. Deists believe in a God who created the Universe and then left it alone. While I have no knowledge of why or even whether Deists gave a reason for their God having little influence on Man's affairs, it seems to me that their philosophy matches with jgnat's.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I do believe that all will be resurrected but not all will be resurrected to life.
    Peace

I believe the same.

The lake of fire (Second Death) is by individual choice.

Syl

• jgnat
    jgnat

I hear you, Terra Incognita, except that I do believe that God at times does intervene. Except in the matter of free will. A God with self-imposed limits. Like a hockey player who won't shoot on goal from behind the center line. He can but he doesn't.

• bob1999
    bob1999

" The lake of fire (Second Death) is by individual choice."

Changing the subject.

The WTS claims that humans thrown into the lake of fire will be consumed, Annihilated.

Assuming that that is true, for the moment, what about the devil?

Revelation 20:10 says that the devil will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

So even if there is no such thing as Hell for mankind, the bible clearly says there will be an eternal hell for the devil.

How does this fit with teaching that there is no hell?

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit