The Christian Onslaught

by satinka 205 Replies latest jw friends

• satinka
    satinka

Terra Incongnita,

Thanks for sharing the video. It's insane. ...and in the name of god. Do you suppose all the Tea Partiers believe this?

satinka

• godrulz
    godrulz

Why do so many here think that poison and pure water are the same, that a counterfeit bill is the same as a genuine bill in the eyes of God and government? Why do people think 2+2=4 and 5 at the same time?

• watersprout
    watersprout
    Why do so many here think that poison and pure water are the same, that a counterfeit bill is the same as a genuine bill in the eyes of God and government? Why do people think 2+2=4 and 5 at the same time?

You just keep pushing your Jesus/God sending humans to hell vs Christ and God of Love.

• godrulz
    godrulz

God is love and God is holy. Jesus is YHWH, not Michael (JW), spirit brother of Lucifer (LDS), Rev. Moon (Moonies), mere prophet/man (Muslim), guru (New Age), etc. There is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun. Hell flows from the love of God, believe it or not (it was also created for Satan/demons, but men follow the enemy vs God so share his destiny).

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

satinka, I sympathize with everything you said in your OP as well. There are some non-pushy, intelligent Christians on here that I truly respect.

Then there are those whose only agenda is to proselytize and convert more absolutists. Speaking of which....

godrulz, you bring out the worst in me. I took a break from this forum a while back because I found myself drawn into arguments with your type and I would end up with a sour taste in my mouth the rest of the day. My own fault, obviously. I should learn to avoid your threads or skip your posts I suppose.

It all boils down to petty emotions, I guess: I view you as extremely arrogant. Your pride in your faith is a shortcoming, just like that of JWs. It makes me want to humiliate you to balance you out. Since we can't achieve this through reasoning with you, I resort to insults, which, I suppose, says something negative about me. A better person would just ignore you.

On the other hand, dealing with you forces me to address another weakness in myself. Maybe my BIL is onto something studying Chinese philosophy... yin yang, polar opposites being harmoniously interconnected.

• tec
    tec
    Why do so many here think that poison and pure water are the same, that a counterfeit bill is the same as a genuine bill in the eyes of God and government?

They don't. But they also don't have any reason to believe that you're serving up pure water, and not poison. You sound the same as many others who are teaching different things, and taking straight out of the bible, calling it truth, too.

Not all people have a problem with the truth. But most have a problem with someone claiming that 'this' is the truth, when there is no reason to believe your version of the truth over someone else's.

Christ is Truth. If someone wants to know something about Him, then they should go to Him. That, He has made clear to me.

Peace,

Tammy

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

Satinka, Post #256:

"Thanks for sharing the video. It's insane. ...and in the name of god. Do you suppose all the Tea Partiers believe this?"

I'm sure that a substantial number of them have Dominionist/Theocratic leanings. I won't say all because there's likely to be a (limited) range of thoughts among Tea Partiers. There's even a range of thought within Dominionists. The Moderates want Old Testament Law (not the rituals though). There is dissent however amongst as to whether or not that should include slavery.

Now back to the Tea Partiers. As in any society, you do not need all or even a majority to exert your will. Hitler won a fair election with 40 some percent of the vote. I believe that under socially distressful circumstances Dominionism will get a foot hold amongst Fundamentalist Christians (They're not a denomination per se but are an influence amongst Fundangelicals). This will happen at the same time that Fundamentalists will get a foot hold on this nation. Fundamentalism and other forms of extreme ideologies always grow during economically impoverished and/or socially disrupted conditions.

• designs
    designs

'Hell flows from the love of God'....................... ok

• satinka
    satinka

SweetBabyCheezits said:

I view you as extremely arrogant. Your pride in your faith is a shortcoming, just like that of JWs.

I could not have said it better! Here is yet another similarity to the JWs... which happens to repel me.

Well put, designs, when you said:

'Hell flows from the love of God'....................... ok

Punishing belief systems from a punishing gawd. What I've seen on this thread.... makes it harder and harder to believe in Christianity. It seems so convoluted I can't imagine whatever attracted me to it. Oh yeah... maybe I was never really attracted to it. After all, I was born into it. Now I have lots of good reasons to leave and never look back.

Thanks for sharing your ... wisdom beliefs ... christians-shmistians!

It has helped me a lot!!! 'bu-bye!!!

satinka

• godrulz
    godrulz

baby: your heart is rebelling against God so it does not surprise me you despise his follower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit